Spencer Sanders Named to Maxwell Watch List for College Football's Most Outstanding Player

I get what your saying. And would that make me soft by hearing my coach praising the kid that has been the biggest problem on the team for years? Then yes call me soft. I wouldn’t be happy about it. Listen if gundy does what he does with multiple rings on his fingers then ok I might buy it and not say anything but that’s not the case. He’s had multiple teams that should have won championships over a 17 year! span but has fell short and continues to do so. He’s soft man. But I guess you disagree that’s fine.

Well I just hope gundy is a big liar then.

Kinda like Roberto called me LOL. I guess he fact checked me and is not man enough to come on here and say he was wrong…but that Roberto for ya. :cricket: cricket :cricket: :cricket:

I’m not coming after you for criticizing the lack of hardware for Gundy. I absolutely can see your disgust with that. My issue is with you somehow thinking a coach needs to be critical of his QB while at a media gathering in July. I appreciate the convo. Carry on

1 Like

I’m not thinking that he should roast the kid, but I do think that by stating the obvious every now and then is not a bad thing for “some players” or his teammates. I mean alittle embarrassment if you want to call it that way might put alittle fire or chip on his shoulder. I’m saying not every kid is offended by accountability even amongst his peers.

A quarterback is the engine and should take the brunt of criticism. It’s just the position. Listen gundy might be totally different in the locker room but if I’m just speaking on what I see in the media and on the field then I think he’s too soft that’s it.

I never said a kid is offended by being held accountable. I don’t think Sanders is thin-skinned. But there’s levels to handling players. You don’t criticize a kid in the media. You praise in public. You criticize him behind the walls of the team. I can guarantee you Sanders has gotten his butt chewed when it was needed. You GAIN respect as a coach in your locker room by falling on the sword in front of the media. You wanna lose a team? Go out to the media and criticize em. That’s how you lose a team

1 Like

Again, you’re talking like Gundy is blowing smoke in the locker room. That wouldn’t be the case. Gundy has flaws, but you don’t have the longevity that he has by losing locker rooms.

1 Like

Aging I think your definition of criticism is different than mine but that’s fine. Falling on the sword, that I think he’s not been good at either in the media. After losses he never says he needs to do a better job coaching it’s always “we need to do a better job coaching. Also after losses he stats that we arnt the ones on the feild making plays, we just give them the best game plan that we feel like that puts them in the best position to win. Now I have heard him take credit for a trick play in the media and when the special teams weren’t good he didn’t take accountability for it because he said he coached special teams but did take credit for it last year because they happens to be better. It’s all the stuff with him not just SS.

I’ve been around enough OSU fans to know there are two camps. The Gundy lovers & the Gundy haters. That’s why he’s an interesting topic to talk about. I personally loved him early on. I don’t so much anymore.

Jeff im not going to spend all day with you. I did look up 247 for the lastv3 years. There has been NO kid from tulsa area at qb to get a scholarship from tulsa.

Plus if the kid was in the 2023 class what would that have to do with gunnar or his brother. This kid you think your talking about doesnt have any recruiting numbers.

Your a joke jeff. Im going to get on you hard for being a bad fan. You continually lie. Your not helping the team. Is that what you want gundy to do to sanders. Difference sanders won 12 games. You won zero because your a zero

Are you serious?? Goggle Tulsa football QB recruits 2023? How hard is it. I’m to old to be able to take it from the web and post it on this thread but I bet I can get Joey to when he pops on. Don’t make yourself look foolish bud.

His name is chance Wilson from rejoice in owasso where I do live. Are you going to apologize for calling me a liar? No because your a foolish little boy. He was offered by TU in April. I’m still waiting for you to say you were wrong…

They offer kids that are freshman in highschool all the time and sophomores you dill hole. Why do you always think I’m lying to you?

Jeff what does this kid have to do with gunnar. We gont zane this year. Your saying you want to let go a 4 star qb that went to elite 11 for a kid that has no ranking and only tulsa mite want. Because like i said tulsa has not got him on their 247 list as commits.

Dude you need to stop get gossip no at the local a & b shop. I hope joy comes to your aid. It will let me make fun of her over new stuff.

Say you were wrong and I will explain why I brought it up in the first place

Your saying because gunnar is coming here 2 years ago we arent going to offer a 2 star qb a scholarship now.

First pull your head out. You cry everytime we get a 3 star. We get this kid and you would be elated. Your just lieing about everything today.

Not going to be a man and admit you were wrong???

What am i wrong about. I havent found any of this to make sense.

Gunnar came he in 2021 and that cased gundy not to go after a unranked qb in the 2023 class. Even tho we have a 4star in the 23 class. But, tulsa has won the lottery because the offer him a scholarship that he hasnt accepted.

At what point in the day do you stop drinking.

You called me a liar. Why did you call me a liar?