Spencer Sanders Set to Transfer to Ole Miss, Also Considered Auburn

The word is Lane Kiffin really wanted him badly. I don’t think he would go there to sit bench and there’s some decent NIL money tied in with it. Worst case scenario he can transfer again after the spring I think. I think it was boneheaded not to take him back. I think Gundy and others was possibly hurt by him wanting to check out the portal. There’s no way Gundy would think Bowman is better than Sanders and the back ups are better. I’m starting think Sanders got black balled. He’ll be ok where ever he goes.

3 Likes

He won’t see the field. Too bad

1 Like

No but it was also reported he tried to comeback to OSU and was told no. So after that he could go to a small school and start or go somewhere like Ole miss and fight for a job. I don’t think he was as sought after as anticipated.

2 Likes

As I understand it he was supposed to play in the bowl but did not show for practice. Later he wanted to come back and Gundy said no. I agree with that decision.

3 Likes

You can never argue with tomato slice.

Sanders thought he woul be picked up fast. So he didnt go to the practices. He thought gundy would have no choice but to take him back.

If it is as clear as some make it out to be, he would have gone to ole miss a month ago. To things stopped that. They have a starter and the nil wasnt as great as Eskimo Joe’s. Its that simple. Good luck. Guys flopping like this should slow down the portal. Along with guys not finding homes. But, it wont. Young people have this belief of bad things dnt happen to them.

Maybe he will win the top spot.

2 Likes

I think Sanders was holding out for a TCU offer, but the switch in offensive coordinators there worked against Sanders. If Riley was still TCU’s OC, I think Sanders would be at TCU today.

1 Like

“He won’t see the field”:joy::joy::joy::joy:

It sounds like it’s going to be a true 3 way QB battle this spring. I’ve been reading the Ole Miss boards and they’re about like us, several think Dart is a better option some think Sanders is but the spring practices will determine who the better qb is.

2 Likes

Nice idea. But have the same issue with chad morris.

1 Like

Let’s assume Sanders does earn starting job…he’s got road games against: Tulane, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia and Mississippi State. He’ll have home games against LSU, Arkansas and Texas A&M.

Definitely an opportunity to shine!

And definitely an opportunity to thud.

5 Likes

Sanders was more of a running threat than Morris. Even though injured, Sanders took TCU to double OT in Fort Worth this year, mainly due to his running ability.

ZERO chance it’s Howard. None at all.

1 Like

Chad doesnt have alot of game time. At ou he had more rush yards then passing. In the baylor game his game of his life, that based his starting he ran for 70 yards. I didnt look up his career numbers since he only has a few games. I am with you on the idea. We would have to check out dates on when max went pro and sanders went to the portal. Max has at least 1 year left.

I’ve been watching a lot of Ole Miss guys today say they are wanting to move on from Dart, Howard has 4 years of play still left so it will be like a freshman year for him, and Sanders was paid a pretty penny to go. Someone will leave in the spring.

2 Likes

But… hope he gets his degree and puts it to use.”

rmt, did he not get his degree from OSU? I thought his extra year was going to be used for a graduate degree.

I would be surprised if he hasn’t earned his degree yet.

It was my understanding that Spencer also wanted some offensive coaching changes at OSU.

A few place have said he doesn’t. You would think he would after 5 years. With most players as gym coaches.

1 Like

He doesn’t have a degree I believe.

The graduate degree is the one to which I refer… sorry, should have been more specific!!