Spencer Sanders Was Right

Hey, scott so for all the hard working successful African Americans do you call them black privileged. I mean we’v got to stop this as a whole. It is the year 2020 not the 50’s and in this year 2020 if anybody and I mean anybody that works their butt of and does the right things in life will be successful. There are bad “people” out there that do bad things of all color so until someone comes up to me and hands me something and says I’m giving you this because your white Which has never happened to me i will always be proud of what I worked so hard to for and nobody like you or all the other white apologist out there will take that from me.

3 Likes

And yet here we are… with racism very much still alive.

And cool, I’m glad you worked hard and got somewhere comgrats bro! You don’t need to apologize for being white. Nobody chooses their skin color. But you could choose to actually listen to what’s going on. Nobody is attacking you or saying you didn’t earn things. I’m sure you did. But I’m also guessing you don’t have to think through every single step you take during a routine traffic stop like some others do.

2 Likes

So let me get this right…by your statement you are saying that “all” African Americans go through this? And “all” cops make african Americans feel this way? It’s time we stop grouping everybody together. This very same thing could happen to me or you by a bad cop if we put ourselves in dangers way by doing criminal activity and not complying to law enforcement directions. I’m referring to the other high profile white cop on black that has happened before this. In every case there has been a black guy doing something wrong and not Complying to cops orders. In this recent case the two guys knew each other at the bar that they were both at days before so I’m not going to speculate if something else to this mans death other than his skin was black and that’s why he killed him. This horrible thing that he did is just that and he should be thrown away for ever for what I saw. People like yourself need to be mature enough to understand that bad things happen every day to all people not just what the media picks and chooses to put out there for views which equals money. If you just think that I’m a racist because I guess I’m white and sticking up for what I believe in than I guess that’s fine but I just wanted to rais the awareness that the word that people throw around called “white privilege” is offensive to a lot of white folks that’s all. And if you want my real opinion it’s a real travesty that we are all grouped and are being grouped by people of your thinking.

2 Likes

The thing is white privilege is more the absence of things than being given something. The absence of being followed in stores, the absence of experiencing the stories Justice Hill retweeted,

I’ve only ever had positive interactions with the police, even in circumstances where they would have been justified in treating me much more harshly. That is a privilege that didn’t extend to Mike Boynton as a 12 year old - https://pistolsfiringblog.com/boynton-shares-his-experience-with-law-enforcement-as-a-12-year-old-in-new-york/

Nobody said this. Nobody called you racist and nobody has attacked you. I am just sayin maybe quit being so offended and on the attack and LISTEN. To what is going on. It’s not just about one man being killed. Slow down, listen to understand not to argue and you’ll see that nobody is saying you have to be ashamed of being white or anything close to that.

Also “white privilege” is offensive? Ok dude. :joy:

1 Like

The very definition of white privilege is thinking that its about you and that POC want more rights than you have. Nobody is advocating for the taking away of your rights. Nobody is saying you didn’t work hard for what you have or that you may have had a hard life. IT’S NOT ABOUT YOU!!!

1 Like

If we want to go in that direction and give one mans experience like you are then I will give you one as well. Me and my buddy got pulled over in owasso oklahoma by a black cop and my buddy has been in trouble with the law before and has a bit of a rap sheet if you will. The cop told him to get out of the car and handled him rougher than he should have and my buddy poped of about it and this cop punched him right in the mouth and hand cuffed him and took him to jail for resisting and I was a witness to all of it. This cop is no longer working for them and this was before cops had to wear cameras on them also. So by saying this I repeat this stuff happens to all color and we can’t act like by putting words together like my favorite one “We all can do better” by white people of greater platform than me. That puts all white people in the same category and the other by white people “white “privlage”. Listen the truth is that people will always judge a book by its cover and maybe if you want to be judged a certain way you may need to change the cover of your book. To be safe in these times you have to be aware of your surroundings and a lot of people will call this racist but call it what you will it’s a free country but thats another issue.

I’m white so yes it is about me sir

I appreciate you making it easier for us to identify the terrible people on this forum. You go ahead living your life with your head stuck in the sand. I feel bad for you, but you seem to be a lost cause.

In the world of social media which is taking down the country faster than racism, if one person like myself makes one statement it can and will be taken out of context if giving enough time to do so for somebody’s agenda. Just send me a statement and I will prove that. All I’m asking is to stop using the word white privilege and putting one race into one category. It’s offensive to people whether they are smart enough to pick it apart to see what you meaning is behind it or your motive. These are also in my eyes and others trigger words and is not making the situation better. If you can have respect by not using these words to some people all I ask is to have the same respect to others because people do think these words are offensive.

What makes me a terrible person? You sound angry with me but Iv been nothing but considerate.

The sad thing is people who think like me will be shamed by people like you for expressing the same views and that’s why I’m speaking up for them, so you can have your hate and take it with you.

The fact you can type all of that, claim you are in a group being “offended”, and still not understand the irony in all of that is mind blowing.

It’s your irony not mine🤷‍♂️. We are all different and take things differently and that’s the problem we are all faced with.

What a wildly short sighted and quite frankly dumb thing to say. If you legitimately think that Twitter and Instagram are worse for America than racism, then this is whole thread is pointless because your head is so far in the sand that there’s no point.

And yes I feel like I’m being put into a group by others by using offen the words that are being used. Question, in your eyes is the word “we” or “white privilege“ singular or Plearle?

Bro. Please take this energy and time you have to read up or watch videos from black Americans that feel passionately about this issue. It will be a much better use of your time than arguing with folks.

I didnt mean for my words to offend anybody and I won’t apologize for my thoughts but I know it will and has but just thought I would share that there is another point of view to this terrible tribulation we are all going through.

I don’t understand the point of your question, but if you are white like I am, the words “We” and “White Privilege” are the same. My dad passed when I was 5 and my mom sacrificed a lot and worked her butt off to provide for me and my younger brother.

You would be completely ignorant to think that she still was not given more opportunities, less obstacles, and more benefits of doubt than any POC in the same situation. I was 5 years old and could see that, so you living your entire life with this mindset is saddening and I hope anyone’s life you have had an influence in was able to think outside themselves after they left on their own.

You are not going through any tribulations Jeff