Spencer... What is in a name?

They being back at home will give them a boost. So will their own hype. We smack them hard in the 1st quarter. They will be crying like babies in the 2nd half.

1 Like

Need to come out hot since I’m not real convinced we’re gonna score many points if any during the second half. I do think Texass is too mentally soft to mount a comeback more than 10 points after halftime but I don’t want to find out either way. We need to score in both halves.

3 Likes

They ran a lot
Of plays it looked like so they might be winded where we should have fresh legs . Guys like Martin and our RBs coming back too from an extended leave .

1 Like

So when rattler goes to the portal do we offer him a spot

1 Like

I’m not sure he’d like our culture .

2 Likes

So when rattler goes to the portal do we offer him a spot

1 Like

No. Absolutely not. He’s stained with that crimson arrogance and entitlement. I don’t want somebody that OU benched for ineffectiveness. His attitude when Caleb came in and led the comeback wasn’t great either. I get being frustrated with playing badly, but in today’s world every Fox or ESPN camera will catch your reaction. His wasn’t good. Fair or unfair, that leaves an impression on people. If he does go to the portal, how many coaches are willing to sacrifice the locker room for that talent which appears massively overrated?

1 Like

Man. It would be tempting, but I think we just have to ride our own Spencer.

1 Like

Who is committing to OSU? Gundy posted a let’s ride tweet

1 Like

So… you could say that Sarkisian ‘gundied’, huh??? (I know, I know, I apologize Lord and bless all those lil pygmies in Africa…) :mask:

Hopefully an OL flip

Maybe desean brown his commitment date was announced
That would be a big get on the defense side.

2 Likes

Gundy’s been fairly aggressive at times lately.

2 Likes

…at times?? …lately?? When that becomes MOST times, CONSISTENTLY… he gets absolution. We have yet to score a point in the 3rd quarter of any game. Our second half offense playcalling and strategy has been abysmal and should have cost us games… including SW MISSOURI STATE! jmho…

I can appreciate your respect of Gundy and do not fault you at all for it. Thanks for the reply. Go Pokes!!

“Some of the better defensive teams are coming up on the schedule and they’ll have more and more film on Williams and his tendencies” If more film is the issue……they’ll have much less film on Williams than they would of Rattler. So by your theory of the less film the better…….then Williams is a better option.

“If he’s super talented, then he might pull off some great wins, but he’s going to make mistakes” Well he is definitely “super talented”. There’s no doubt about that. They all make mistakes. Mistakes at the QB position happen.

“ Yeah, the change won them this game , but probably at the cost of others this season”
Ok, this is ignorant. So a HC pulls his starter & inserts the backup……who won the game. How is that a negative? How is him making that decision somehow going to be detrimental to them the rest of the year? Would Riley & OU be better off long term if he stuck with Rattler & they lost? That’s idiotic

“You can’t go back to Rattler now (he’ll probably be in the portal tomorrow), so let’s say Williams starts getting exposed (Texas’s D isn’t that good and they had no film on him). You’re stuck with the young guy for the year.” First off, OU won’t feel “stuck” with Caleb Williams. You talk as though he’s just some random backup who just happened to catch fire. There is also a chance that he plays really well……which is opposite of the scenario that you laid out. The Big 12 isn’t loaded with defensive juggernauts. I think the most likely scenario is that OU does lose a game, wins the Conf, gets in the playoff and gets drilled again. That’s much more likely than all of a sudden Lincoln Riley starts losing 2/3 more games games in the Big 12 because of bad QB play. If OU starts to fall off a cliff later this season, I highly doubt it’s because of Caleb Williams

1 Like

Some one mention webber. Nagal has update him as a osu pick. His date was I thought in December. On his tweet has has an :crystal_ball: for the 18th. So I hope we’re get 2 guys in a week. Webber

Were I still the Sooner fan that I was growing up, before attending oSu, watching Greg Pruitt and that era, playing Nebraska most Thanksgiving weekends in the old Big 8… I would so very sarcastically have renamed him Spencer ‘Rattled’ by now… hehehehehe I hope he DOES start the bedlam game. But still don’t like our chances with our own Spencer ‘Rattled’. lol

Ou only has 2 or 3 good defense left to play. But, they will get more film on Williams because he will be playing. That Texas defense was a joke. He will be a handful for alot of teams.

1 Like

More film absolutely makes it tougher. I don’t disagree at all. But the dude earlier was acting like OU should do something different.

As for defenses, I don’t think Texas’s Defense is any good. I think OU’s is average. Iowa St’s is ok. OSU’s may be the best in the Conf, but I still don’t think that’s real good either. Caleb Williams could easily lead OU to an undefeated regular season & Big 12 title. But a Big 12 title is not where this team has the bar set for this year. And the way this team looks, it has no chance at beating someone in a playoff gsme.

1 Like

I really wasn’t even super impressed with Williams. Don’t get me wrong, they lose that game if rattler stays in obviously, but all of his big plays carried quite a bit of luck. Throw those same passes against us and they’re getting picked off. He also had an hour to throw every time he dropped back to pass, which won’t happen against us. Even on his long TD run foster got to him in the backfield and then literally just made zero attempt to tackle him. Just kinda tapped him on the butt and walked away. Really strange play there.

1 Like