Spring Ball

@marshall Is their media availability today for the first spring practice and what time is it? Also what is everyone looking to learn coming out of spring practice?

2 Likes

There is. Get Gundy at 2:30 players a little after 5

3 Likes

I’ve noticed Gunnar has been working out in Stillwater again. Is he back on the team, or just working out at the facilities?

1 Like

Can’t wait for the thoughts @marshall good luck.

Let us know how many bedlam questions come up? I bet at least someone asks Gundy “How weird is it going into the season not playing UO.”

1 Like

Nothing really too much to gain from today. Sort of weird this year with the team being mostly the same. Gundy video is uploading then I’ll do a top five quotes thing

5 Likes

Something I’m interested in this year is WR depth. This is only spring practice No. 1, so let’s not jump too much into conclusions. But,

WR1s: Owens, Presley, Foster, Stribling
WR2s: Shettron, Cabbiness (didn’t know he had eligibility left), Stewart, Tykie Andrews

6 Likes

Zane looks large. Ollie and Kendal Daniels are both still physical specimens

8 Likes

He came in 2020, so he would have at least his COVID year. And I assume they may could even request a medical redshirt for last year given he broke his collar bone before the season and only played a couple of games at the end of the year.

1 Like
4 Likes

I may be way off base but it’s my personal opinion that when it comes to team talents and football skills in general, just seeing how good or bad a team will be, Gundy is arguably the best in football. Or at least one of the best. He always pretty much nails his teams and other teams almost every time. And he seems pretty juiced about this team.

3 Likes

What will be our electric atmosphere game this year since we have no UT or OU in stilly? Gotta be Utah, right? I can’t really tell if our fans get more juiced based on how good the team is, or if it’s based more on how much we hate said school.

3 Likes

XeroxU, of course! Also known as TTU.

Or at least since we don’t have ZeroU anymore, I’m making XeroxU my new football enemy, LOL.

1 Like

I definitely hate tech the most now, no question.

2 Likes

I asked three guys who some weight room freaks were this winter. Apparently Armstrong Nnodim is a freak among freaks

10 Likes

Nick Martin made mention of Kendal Daniels getting some reps in Xavier Benson’s spot.

12 Likes

Also, it’s officially pronounced: MY-uh-LEE-oo-AH-key

5 Likes

Last thing (I think for now) Nick Martin is my favorite player on the team.

So he hurt his wrist in Game 3 last season and played through it the entire year. Was wearing a cast on it today. Said it hurt when he grabbed at jerseys or took on a block – ya, know, stuff that linebackers do literally every play.

And on top of that, he is just cool. We talked tattoos with him for like 10 minutes afterward.

13 Likes

I’m personally pumped for the Arkansas game. Already know of 14 extended family members that have bought tickets. Gonna be an awesome weekend…as long as Michael Gundy does what he’s supposed to do.

5 Likes

I’d really like to show the SEC that our atmosphere can hang.

3 Likes

Is Shettron a bust at this point?