Stay-or-Go Tracker: Who is Returning, Who is Not in 2021

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/stay-or-go-tracker-who-is-returning-who-is-not-in-2021/

A look at who is staying, who is going, and who is turning pro.

I think we’ll have a pretty good shot at 4th place next season.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure ur an idiot.

@kyleboone it’d be nice to add a section for notable incoming transfers too. Thanks for the simple to follow update.

Why would I be an idiot? Is that not a reasonable expectation with the returning players?

You and Robert should have a wager. Loser leaves The Chamber forever. 4th or lower, Robert leaves. 3rd or higher, you leave.

1 Like

Your wish has been granted @Vegasox. https://pistolsfiringblog.com/stay-or-go-tracker-who-is-returning-who-is-not-in-2021/

2 Likes

You really want joe to leave. What would we all have to laugh at. Life without joe is an intriguing thought. It would be like life without unemployment, inflation, cancer and Sooners all rolled together. Yeah on second thought leave joe. Mr. Positive you are not, but you are a good laugh. Like a broken record stuck in the 4th track over and over and over and…

1 Like

That adds a little more spice to the Big 12 rankings next season. Great idea.

1 Like

Brian,
Where do you have us? Joe’s way to pessimistic. I’m thinking third.

OU’s going to OU. We’ll have a puncher’s chance. I could see us finishing second, though. We go where QB1 takes us. If Sanders makes the leap, it’s all out there to take. If he doesn’t, we’re scrapping against everyone like this year.

1 Like

I’d be willing to take that bet. I couldn’t see Robert doing it though.

I thinking OSU finishes 4th with who is returning would be overachieving this year. Considering we are a middle of the pack Big 12 team the past few years.

1 Like

We’ve finished 2nd once in the past nine seasons and you think we are going to finish that high? We couldn’t even finish that high with the 2017 team. You have more confidence than most OSU fans.

1 Like

I’m not predicting it. I’m just saying it’s possible. If Sanders can make better decisions, we’ll markedly improve. The O-line should be better than last year’s mash unit, so that should give him more time and a more reliable run game to lean on. The rest is can he sit down with Coach Rattay and learn from his film. If Sanders doesn’t step up, we need to go all in on giving Illingworth his shot ASAP.

We’re returning some playmakers on D. I trust Knowles to get the rest of the D up to a solid level. We lose Wallace which is a hard pill, but I think there are WRs ready to step in.

1 Like

I like the idea and optimism but I just don’t see it happening. Even with some of our best teams in the past (2013, 2016, 2017) we still couldn’t find a way to finish 2nd. That’s not a knock against the players but rather the coach.

How many times have we posted on this forum before the season “This is the year!!!” or “We could make a run!!!” only to watch Mike Gundy lead this team to yet another bedlam loss, no conference title appearance, and another We-Don’t-Care bowl?

Maybe this sounds like I’m being negative but our recent history (in my opinion anyway) shows me not to be too optimistic about the football program even if we returned all 22 starters. That’s because we’ve had the same coach and the same mentality every single season. That mentality is what causes this football program to curl up in their safe space in big moments, and never and I mean NEVER show the rest of the college football world on national television that we are serious about contending.

1 Like

I’m glad were not contending. Then the nation would see we got fans like joe. I could never live that down.:upside_down_face::crazy_face::grimacing::face_with_thermometer::face_with_head_bandage::woozy_face::dizzy_face::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face:

We had joe stuck he answered 3 times he could not post any more :rofl::joy::upside_down_face::innocent::crazy_face::partying_face::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face:

Thanks for being honest at least.

I knew that would rattle ur chain. U r an embarrassment to the school. If u are not a ou troll u are a wannabe. Ur a lil weasel trying to suck the enjoyment out of everything good about OSU.
Ur just a football fan u know the fat drunk kind. Yea u put up with bb. U don’t even like any other sport.