Tanner McCalister Following Jim Knowles to Ohio State

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/tanner-mccalister-following-jim-knowles-to-ohio-state/

Jim Knowles is taking a starting safety with him.

1 Like

Lost a lot of respect for Knowles on this one: somethings should just be understood.

3 Likes

Fck Ohio state

1 Like

Makes sense. He’ll have a leg up knowing Knowles system and if he can have a good season on a high profile team then he could parlay that into a higher round draft pick.

3 Likes

If he doesn’t want to be here, then go. Good luck.

Looked to me like he was beaten on two of the four ND scores in the first half last week. And, after seeing Ohio State’s defense against Utah, might be a long season for Knowles and McCalister.

2 Likes

Geeze, Not mad at Knowles for leaving or taking a shot at him but talk about player loyalty. I get it, it’s probably a business like decision for McCalister and it’s his life but he could had started next season here and we may also be in contention to win the big 12 next year. Its going to look bad if he doesn’t start next season up there. Best of luck.

2 Likes

Not exactly sure why he’d give up a guaranteed starting spot and risk getting stuck behind someone at Ohio state. Their defense sucked yeah but they’ve got cream of the crop athletes he’s competing with for play time.

1 Like

We have young talent yes but don’t forget we can use the portal too.

3 Likes

He could also have a great chance at winning a conference title and national title as well.

1 Like

I think at Ohio State he doesn’t have to worry if they MAY be in contention for a conference title to win the Big 10.

Possibly but Ohio State has some teams that could beat them that they struggled with this year for next season. They tend to shoot them selves in the foot each season.

1 Like

Check that. #2 was closest defender to the scoring ND player on 3 of 5 scores:

2 Likes

5 conference titles, 4 CFP appearances, and 1 national title since 2014. I think they’ll probably be fine.

I don’t hold it against him. He should have his degree. Good chance to make some money if he has a good season.

1 Like

Go away Joey…

5 Likes

Any kid that goes to a school to win a title rather than advance themselves is a fool. It’s one thing if they have no shot at going pro and they’re in it for the degree, but otherwise…

3 Likes

Miss you already Cowboy

You go away

Who is to say he isn’t trying to do both? Should he just limit himself to one option? He’s at Ohio State now. He’s not at a place or position where his options are limited.

They’ll have Michigan and Michigan State that will be even better next year. Penn State too. Minnesota and Indiana usually gives them a run for the their money. Next year is a new year.

1 Like