Texas Tech Transfer Tyreek Smith Commits to Oklahoma State

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/texas-tech-transfer-tyreek-smith-commits-to-oklahoma-state/

Lubbock :arrow_right: Stillwater

1 Like

I’d only take Jaxson, Thompson, or Alexander with the last scholarship.

What happens if Anderson wants to come back?

1 Like

2 scholarships left

Not what we needed another small foward

Article says likely 1 left. You still may be right though I’ve noticed they mess these things up sometimes. Either way I’d only take 1/3 or 2/3 unless another good big transfer pops up.

They either are counting Dee’s scholarship which they shouldn’t or they don’t know the ncaa rule which allows for Williams’ scholarship (if he stays) to not count against us. So with Williams we get 14 scholarships this year.

Is this guy even able to play this year.

Boynton now has 2 post players now that are the 9th best player on their previous teams. So right now he’s added 2 guys that will combine for about 7 mpg next season. Hopefully with his last 2 scholarships he actually adds someone that will contribute next year. I’m pretty disappointed so far with his recruiting.

1 Like

They both seem to be same guys too.
Both shot 3’s and not much height.
Defend the rim i thought was a big issue. But I know my vote doesn’t count​:upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::exploding_head::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

I know boone can play there spots. A true center would have free him up for other things.

1 Like

Thompson, Robinson, and Alexander. He gets a shot at them again after failing to get a commitment from them the first time. If he fails to bring in one of these guys with a second shot at them, this recruiting class is a bust and Boynton is not the recruiter people claim he is.

1 Like

Maybe he’s looking more for all-around depth and not one player to rely on. I would like to bring in a proven player, but it doesn’t mean OSU basketball is going to be bad next season. I think we need to take into account a couple of the guys he’s got are still fairly young. Doesn’t mean they’ll stay the same forever.

I just can’t seem to get excited about adding a player who scored less than 3 points a game.
It almost looks like Boynton is taking any transfer who is willing to come to Stillwater.
I agree with anyone who thinks that if we don’t get one of those productive big men to play center then it’s going to be another season where we have to count on a hard working bunch of games playing beyond their potential. That’s a tough way to try to get wins. I don’t think not being able to get a big man is a reflection of Boynton’s ability to recruit. I think OSU basketball just has not been relevant after Eddie Sutton and the younger generation of players don’t care about distant history.

1 Like

I understand what ur say except the only true center we got played 3rd center for us last year.
So now we got alot of forwards and shooting guards.
Two true pg and a developing center.
Not saying anything of our 2 forwards but their still out of place.

Any body cares we got a con title in golf in men’s a swept for golf

2 Likes

Doesn’t that just leave one scholly?

We need Anderson to come back.

We beat Texas and OU so yea, I care!!

1 Like

Boynton is building the roster in the manner in which he sees fit. Until proven otherwise, I choose to trust him. Also, on another note, basketball is trending more towards guys playing multiple positions without the need for a ton of big men. Just go get a bunch of long, athletic outside shooters/slashers/ball handlers. I blame Golden State.

2 Likes