Texas Tech Transfer Tyreek Smith Commits to Oklahoma State

No it doesn’t altar my opinion. He’s been here 4 years. That’s 4 years developing relationships with these high school kids that are now seniors and he didn’t land a single one of them. Can he strike gold with a player that would be starting for Kansas next year if he didn’t transfer…absolutely. He could also land Robinson or Alexander on top of it. In the end, this year was a horrible recruiting year but hopefully he strikes oil

He’s not just missing cade…he’s missing close to 20 ppg. This team is a piece or 2 away from being a national championship contender next year. If Anderson and Boone declare next year then we missed our best chance at building off of what cade built.

Yea I agree with what cade brought. But thats where him upping his coaching. Walker is a guy who could step up.
Things like less trunovers and more assists and ft%.
But I was just talking about get back to the dance again not a natty. We got to get a real center for that.

Welcome to the new type of 5 man here. This kid is not a perimeter player. He scores almost exclusively at the rim.

It would be nice to get a proven transfer in the portal. Beard and Texas are getting guys averaging 15plus a game. I’m not sure these were guys that their existing school cared to keep.

He played so lil its hard to say where he scores. By stat he shoots high 3 pt% the team we got.
But he does shoot 3’s.

He did go 3/8 from 3 and only shot the ball 46 times the entire year. I was referencing the article and his highlight video. He’s definitely an inside player.

I don’t know if I agree if we need a traditional 5 man. It would be nice if Kalib could get stronger and deal with girthier post players. He got better but still got bullied by Liberty’s big man who wasn’t that good. And Kalib would find himself in foul trouble often. But Kalib doesn’t really have the skillset to play the 4, and he’s our best player down there so we will have find ways to defend the post better with scheme.

Its true we don’t have to have a 5, we made top half of con plus a win in the dance. But tcu games like that a 5 would help. Also would allow a true high low game. Let boone to play his natural position.

The high low game and 3out 2in spacing is pretty much been eliminated from basketball with a few exceptions. Kalib being the 4 man would not be good. We already have spacing issues because Ice can’t shoot. This would clog up the paint even more.

Kalib is a modern day 5 that can’t quite guard all 5’s at this point. He’s a rim runner. He’s a ball screen roll guy. And he can score with his back to the basket occasionally as well. And he’s a shot blocker.

Boone can’t hit the 10 footer im not high low as the new offense, just at times. But that would open up driving lanes. U can play high low with guards. I know Texas and tcu where playing a time of high low. The high low type of play should go with more motion with other players causing passing lanes not driving lanes.
Its just a thought I think there is to much driving going on now. This may work in the NBA but those are the top players. They can dribble and shoot. We can’t.

I’m not taking away boone as a defender. But would have to collapse less with a true 5. Having to defend a 5 cause us to double team then leaving a guard up for 3. Thats high low. And happen alot to us.

We have 2 Centers on this team. Boone and Kouma. Baylor didn’t have some 7 foot center on their team. You need solid guard play to win it all.

One is a forward and the second is a third option big.
Yes guard play is needed but we have a ton of them. Just need coaching and time. I think walker with another year will break out.
U can’t coach a kid to gain the height or weight they need.
I wouldlove a seven footer but a 6’10" natural center is good. Its only my opinion