The Best and the Worst from OSU's Win over Baylor

Do me a favor, go find the place that I said “OU gets in over Cincinnati if they are both undefeated”

Ill help you…OU WILL GET IN OVER CINCINNATI IF THEY ARE BOTH UNDEFEATED. Cincinnati will likely have played 2 ranked teams (ND and SMU). Cincinnati’s BIGGEST win will have been in Oct. OU will likely have played at least 3 games against ranked teams (Either OSU or Texas twice). Two of those games will be the last 2 weeks of the season. Iowa St and Baylor may be ranked as well. Add to it the “helmet factor”…Undefeated OU gets in over undefeated Cincinnati

I do not know why u have to bring up helmet factor, we all know this. I can see ur lil thing happening but even if those teams get ranked u may still not have any top20 wins. Notre dame wear so called helmets, and could be a top 10 team in the end. We will see what the bcs thinks of each soon.

ND is a good looking win. But that will be Cincinnati’s best. By the time the “bcs” as you called them rolls around, that game will have been 2 months ago. While OU will have played OSU, Iowa St & a Big 12 title game. OSU could be as high at a top 5 team or somewhere in the 15-25 range. Who knows. But OU will be in the spotlight much more at that point than Cincinnati would be

Helmet factor gets brought up because you seem to be unsure of why OU would be in over Cincinnati. The name/logo/brand/helmet definitely plays a role

There’s absolutely no way an undefeated Cincinnati team gets in over an undefeated OU team.

2 Likes

There has been alot of stuff over the years. Not looking at helmets could happen this year. I do know how important to u it is.

Sucks too because I think they’ve played better than OU. Plus if I’m gonna watch someone get slaughtered I’d at least like to see a new team. At least there’s almost no chance OU goes undefeated.

2 Likes

I definitely agree man because as of now Alabama and Georgia are in a league of their own the first two playoff games are liable to be ugly

1 Like

It’s not important to me……I’m not making the decisions. But it is to everyone involved with making decisions on that front. Wait til you see what happens to the rankings of OU stays undefeated. They’ll jump Cincinnati in every poll.

Again, I think OU loses a game

3 Likes

That would be the first. So far this year ou have been losing spots every week.
If ou is behind Cincinnati in the first bcs poll I dnt see them catching them if noter dame and smu stay with 1 loss each. Notre dame will be in the top 10 at the end if they win out. Wait and see.
Any way who is going to beat ou

Probably Texas, ISU, or TCU would be my guess. I think Texas wins this weekend.

I could see Texas and isu. But tcu no way. With out alot of turnovers or something crazy.

Ok dude, there is no more BCS.

Cincinnati just had their biggest win of the year. OU again barely won. Cincinnati…….is 1 spot ahead of them. You aren’t listening……that ND win will get further in the rearview by the week, while OU’s biggest games are still ahead of them. You said “if ND wins out”. What if OSU wins out and their lone loss is to OU? Or if Texas wins out and OU beats them twice? It’s a no-brainer.

I don’t know who will beat OU. But based off of how they’ve looked, Texas & OSU are the likely candidates.

If OU looks good Sat, they’ll jump Cincinnati by Mon.

There is no committee making a poll. Then who is picking the 4 teams. I do know what u mean about early wins. But they will have smu. Which if no one is dominate smu will be a higher win too.

No true at all. He would throw it if guys were open and/or it’s a timed play. You would criticize if he threw early every time and threw 3 picks a game. Get real.

Ok, you seem to be presenting these scenarios by ND & SMU winning a bunch of games. Ok. But those teams likely will not win out. Neither will OSU or Texas. So all things being equal……OU gets in over Cincinnati. That’s the point of this exercise.

The BCS was a compilation of computer rankings that determined the two teams that played for the BCS Nat Title. That is no more. Now it’s a committee that ranks the teams and determines the playoff.

Yeah, this coming Saturday they’re gonna take an L!

Who is “they”? OU?

I have no idea what ur saying. He did throw 3 pics at least 2