The Big 12 Had A Rough First Night at the 2022 NFL Draft

Yet averages 5 wins per year in conference. LOL

1 Like

Yet only 1 team average more conference wins then gundy. Only you can say this crap.

1 Like

We’ll see when we get there!

You’re right. He probably would’ve been drafted. Just like how Tulsa and UT-Chattanooga were able to get first round picks🤷‍♂️

Imagine how much better our program would be if we would start developing 4-5 star recruits coming into OSU? The only development I don’t see consistency in at OSU is our offensive line, and sometimes the QB position.

And yet one of those other programs has three conference titles to his one.

I speak of Texas with top ten class and tons of 4 and 5 stars, and u still talk like an idiot.

You guys and your blah blah. I hope Dave doesn’t fall off like Matt. Another heart break. You lost miles and riley. How many can you take.

2 Likes

It’s both. How the hell do you not get that? Here is what the situation has mainly been with Gundy since he’s been at Stillwater:

• Consistently beat the three cupcakes (three wins)

• Just be good enough to beat Tech, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, TCU, WV. (9 wins total). Which, btw, we do a better job on the recruiting trail than most of those programs on an annual basis (add that to the transfer portal).

• Let’s get to the Cheez-It or Alamo bowl consistently (10 wins!!! Yay we beat the 4th best team in the ACC!!!)

• We got our arse beat by OU and Baylor. Oh well!!! 10 wins baby!!!

• Watch the 2021 OU game and you don’t see typical Mike Gundy football. Watch the CCG game against Baylor and you see typical Mike Gundy football.

• If we’re so good at developing talent how were we only able to get three players drafted (not even in the first four rounds) with a veteran laden team?

• If we’re so good at developing talent how did we not have a single offensive player drafted?

• If the coaching was so great why do we continuously go to the outdated playbook instead of adjusting the offense to the strengths of what the players can do?

Conclusion:

You can tell when Gundy’s hands are on the offense and when they aren’t. Why is it that we seem to do worse when we have NFL talent, and better when we don’t? Shouldn’t we be winning more with NFL talent? What does that say about the coaching then?

I don’t think Gundy is a bad coach, but if you analyze the data and have realistic world view of it he’s not some miracle man. Having a break and getting lucky once every decade or so doesn’t automatically constitute you have an excellent coach. Even Gene Chizik won a national title and he got fired just two years afterwards.

No matter who falls or steps up Gundy still can’t win the conference. He can have a good defense, good offense, more super seniors, still can’t win. Years and years to put together a coaching staff and have a say on how every penny is spent but still can’t win the conference.

1 Like

It’s about time you point out all the good points.
Hey by the way. Throw to woods got them a 6 and 6 record. Virginia threw the ball twice as much as us. I think I will stick with gundy.

1 Like

I wonder how many other players would be better off not sticking with Gundy?

1 Like

It’s hard to build a coaching staff when your good and people want your coaches. We have 6 coordinators stolen. Not to mention other coaches.

1 Like

Does seem to hurt Alabama.

Woods was picked two rounds before any OSU player. That tells me they figured out he could be a beneficial part of an offense. Instead of being another blocker for an outdated system.

1 Like

To bad it didn’t translate to wins.

2 Likes

Joe I’m happy for woods. I said he would have been used more and got draft about the same if he stayed.
Enough about woods. Except he will need to learn to block in the nfl

1 Like

You a moron. Alabama is one of the teams taking the best coaches. We will see how Dave’s recruiting goes sine he lost his best recruiters. Helped tech out alot

1 Like

I’m not worried about Baylor because if Dave can’t get it done again in the next few years, they’ll find someone who can. They are not content with averaging 4th and 1 conference title in a lifetime.

If Gundy could win conference titles at the rate Baylor has, we’d have 6 right now.

Maybe if we were in a conference with teams like Kansas and Missouri State?

1 Like

Did Virginia have a championship caliber defense like OSU did? Let’s not pretend what the legitimate reason behind most of OSU’s wins were this past season.

It doesn’t matter what you say. He was not on a draft radar at all before transferring to Virginia (and AR provided you proof he wasn’t).

Listen to yourself for a moment. You’re trying to convince me a guy that had 8 receptions for 129 yards, would’ve been drafted in the same round playing under a coach that wants to run the football more, and never passes over the middle.