The Rundown: Everything Mike Gundy Said at His Bye Week Media Availability

ISU lost to Baylor. You can’t say, “Baylor is average at best” and also, “ISU is our big challenge!” I tend to think Iowa State is better than Baylor and that game was a little flukey, but Baylor is at least within striking distance of Iowa State because, well, they struck. They were ranked coming into the game with us. They started 4-0 and they knocked off one of the supposed Big XII contenders doing it, you can’t just write them off as a bum. Maybe they fade away down the schedule, but I could see them finishing 4th in the conference.

KSU has given us plenty of problems with backup QBs before. Of course, Klieman may not have the magic to dirty up a game like Snyder did. Anyway, how do you know they’re a pushover? Maybe we just made them look bad. They were also ranked going into that game.

Those weren’t the toughest or weakest opponents we will face this season. They’re probably right in the middle. It’s a good gauge for where the team is at.

2 Likes

I just my opinion on KSU and ISU.

1 Like

Skylar does make ksu better but not by much. The defense is to soft to play zone. Their front seven can’t get the pressure on.
Baylor will cause some problems with their front 7. And with a new coach he is willing to gamble to get a win, until he gets a better team.
I won’t want to play these 2 again. They will be in their games.

1 Like

I’ll be sure to remember that, thanks.

2 Likes

What , Joey claiming he’s in the majority on this board is more hilarious than his arguments. He’s been crying for over two years with the same ole tired worn out arguments. Prove him wrong and he goes another direction with more lies. Didn’t have any of the stooges coming to back him up…. I think our offense will come around the second half and if the defense doesn’t have any more injuries we will be in every game. This defense didn’t just happen this year. I like our chances. And there will be upsets through the rest of the year

1 Like

The other stooges know it’s hard to cry when osu is five and zero. Joey just has more passion.
We have already played 2 of the top 5 defenses, with us we only have two more.
That said we also have to play 5 of the best offenses.
We get kids on the same page, lesson the flags, tackle better. Then there is Sanders.
But yes I think the offense will do better.
On the ou texas game I see 80 points. Neither have any play makers on their front 7.

1 Like

If this is true, it should be a cakewalk to the conference championship game. Gundy’s history tells me that OSU fans will be staying home on December 4.

Jug why should it be a cake walk. I also said we still have to face 6 of the best offenses. These offense all, but one, score better then 30 against this defense last year.
Were u trying to say we’re not going to the title game

1 Like

7 other teams aren’t going either. Do u really think gundy could get a 5th place predicted team in. Come on jug.

1 Like

I never thought he could cause he can’t get in with a 1st or 2nd place predicted team.

We will find out where we r in the next 3 weeks. 2 wins we will be hard not to. Even with 2 losses we still better then people predicted

1 Like

The Kansas coaches have finished where they are predicted for years. OSU used to pursuit excellence but now settle for mediocre Mike.

Do u mean the 14 years we had a losing season. The 16 years we didnt have a bowl. The 65 years we didn’t have a clean title. The 65 years we had less the 2 loses. We could be like tcu Baylor and ksu having bad records after their title games. Isu has got to get their act together to repeat. No since we did it has a team repeated 2 place.

1 Like

I mean the fact that OSU has never played in a conference championship game.

Is that Gundy’s fault or the league’s. We would have qualified for 3 since 2011.
U know this u should to nick pick to make a stupid effort that make ur point.

1 Like

Didn’t make it in 2005, didn’t make it in 2006, didn’t make it in 2007, didn’t make it in 2008, didn’t make it in 2009, didn’t make it in 2010, didn’t make it in 2017, didn’t make it in 2018, didn’t make it in 2019, didn’t make it in 2020!

So now ur saying we should be in the title game ever year.

What I dnt understand is why u can’t just enjoy the wins. U do waste most of ur time crying over impossible stuff.

1 Like

So now you’re saying " the second best team in the conference (by your standards, not mine) should never make a conference championship game?"

3 in the last 10 years is not never. Jug ur an idiot.
These last 4 years have not been great but far from bad. Both 2018 and last year were down to less then a handful of plays. If u want to ignore it that’s fine.
Just dnt make up stuff like u and Joey do.
Ur guys talk about Baylor and tcu, both r either in it or look at ku as a great win. U use hind sight very well.