The Rundown: Everything Mike Gundy Said at His Pre-West Virginia News Conference

Originally published at: The Rundown: Everything Mike Gundy Said at His Pre-West Virginia News Conference | Pistols Firing

Gundy recaps Bedlam and previews West Virginia.

he keeps saying week after week “it’s not time to panic”. well when the h3ll IS it time to freaking panic?!?

2 Likes

My guess is he would define panic to be when you aren’t bowl eligible at the end of the season. At that point not only are the wheels off the train the train has fallen off the mountain and into the ocean. Hope that isn’t where we are headed next year.

2 Likes

Just ready to get this season over with.

2 Likes

I guess Gundy thinks Spencer is gone this year or he’s coming back ? I don’t know about his draft possibilities of UFA but I would think he would be coming back ?

1 Like

That last game didnt help lol

1 Like

Gundy is probably the guy in his own family that drinks too much. :joy:

Not by a long shot :flushed: He hasn’t been the same since the TCU game

1 Like

I got the impression from his comment in today’s press conf that SS is gone after this year. Could have heard wrong though. If it is true, say what you want about SS but next year is likely to be a step down without him unless we receive some portal magic at QB.

3 Likes

That’s what I took from it too , maybe he misspoke ? I think he needs to come back, hopefully a better OL ( not a guarantee) maybe get drafted. Don’t think he will after the year he’s had. Certainly will be an adventure with a new QB

2 Likes

I think Spencer should hit the portal. Would probably increase his draft plus be safer if they have a offensive line.

2 Likes

It’s never time to panic within an organization. Us as fans can freak out and do whatever we do but the coach and those within the organization can’t panic because that’s how you ruin the last 15 years. Do some things need to be fixed? Yes, but never ever panic if you are in charge and running a program.

2 Likes

“Hopefully a better line” what? Really? Not going to happen. And what running back is the man we need back there? There’s not. Just another year of 3 pot more losses. Rinse and repeat.

1 Like

When is it time to panic behind closed doors within an organization?

You don’t panic, you make the necessary changes in order to succeed, that may be firing a coordinator it may be a number of things but you can’t “panic” when you’re the one in charge because everyone comes to you for the answer, and if you don’t have it then you get fired.

1 Like

A better word than panic is probably “concern” or “grave concern” depending on your outlook. To me OSU is certainly headed in the wrong direction. The situation with the OL has trended south for a number of years now and so far I’ve heard nothing about new players or other changes that is going to reverse that trend. Couple that with the fact that our RB room probably doesn’t have any NFL level talent needed to overcome a deficient OL and our starting QB is probably gone after this year the program could very well be headed to a very dark place.

4 Likes

i can’t with the pretzels and beer bu11sh1t after an embarrassing game against an instate rival that was over after 15 minutes. it’s time to freaking panic. heads need to roll (looking at you Dickey)

3 Likes

The future of OSU football seems to be taking the route of OSU basketball. Completely irrelevant.

1 Like

“To me OSU is certainly headed in the wrong direction.”
“…it’s time to freaking panic.”
“The future of OSU football seems to be…Completely irrelevant.”
These are all comments on here. 12 months ago we were 11-1, headed to lose the B12 Championship game by 7 inches, then beat ND in the Fiesta Bowl. This season we had a zillion injuries and played 3-4 quarters of bad football. We should finish 8-4, beat UCLA in the Alamo Bowl and finish 9-4. Yep, a TOTAL disaster!! We’re doomed! Please…

2 Likes

I agree with you, why panic? This is exactly what this program has been with Gundy except for about 3 seasons. Everyone is overreacting cause this is a Gundy you all love.