The Rundown: Everything Mike Gundy Said at His Weekly Luncheon

I’m not revisiting ur misunderstanding of recruiting.
If u want to help out osu, drop 100k to a player of ur choice via the nil.

I will say I hope gundy after 21 games have figured out what plays Sanders can’t do. I do hope gunnar is ready.

th (1)

3 Likes

Thats ur ole high school after u left.

Trophy case for the last 16 years.

1 Like

Yes Jug ur a funny guy.

Check out that 1945 trophy case though.

2 Likes

Same crap he always spills. Guys are not mature enough, we need to protect better, Spencer played good!!!wtf really he played good coach? Delusional! It’s really a simple game…really coach? Delusional! Then how come you can’t figure it out coach? How come you haven’t got an offensive line to protect your mediocre quarterbacks in the last 12 years coach? Dude I am so sick of him down playing how hard it is to scheme for other teams and how easy the game is. If it’s so simple how come you can’t do it coach? He spews nonsense. How come nobody else has had a bad O-line in the history of college football for 12 straight years coach? How come your offense has sucked the last 8 years? What because you go for matchups, that’s why you don’t throw to your tight ends? Hey coach your schemes need to be trashed and your recruiting ways need to be trashed. Unbelievable this guy. Who the hell thinks this guy has future of the program in good shape? Delusional!

2 Likes

I mean he’s like a pro baseball player that has struck out the most of anybody and he gets up on the podium and tells everybody how easy it is to hit a baseball LOL delusional.

2 Likes

How long in this next game do you think it’s going to take gundy to do exactly what you think this offense should have been doing all along? Mark my word it will be to late. Defense will keep us in this one.

2 Likes

The only national championship won by writing a essay.

2 Likes

You really think he’ll change up the plays? I have little faith we’ll run anything besides the normal 20 they always call. Boise by 10!

1 Like

Always got excuses, doesn’t he? I don’t get how/why having young wideouts has to do w/ run blocking and calling same ole running plays that ain’t working. Nothing different from week to week. We only really run 3 pass routes every game 90% of the time, screens, back-shoulder fades and jump balls.

1 Like

Then a smart coach would open up the run by passing but NOT by running just three pass plays. There’s little to no diversity in the play calling, running or passing, same ole 20 base plays they’ve been calling since Monken was around.

Ou had 3 plays. It’s called execution. When ur young guys are getting flags and missing blocks, is that executing.
If we stop bring in new players each week, I think they will start executing.
So hope we are done with injuries :pray:

Who’s job is it to get these kids to execute? Your coach that’s who. These kids haven’t been able to execute for years and guess what…next year will be the same thing. Rinse and repeat.

3 Likes

I know what u mean Wallace use to get holding calls all the time. I hope these guys learn faster.
I was reading on the cowboy’s in the pros. They write Johnson will get more play when he learns the play book. The guys a pro.
I’m talking about kids who one hasn’t played at all for over a year, one only played 2 years in hs. We get the flags fixed will help the offense.
I know u got a narrative to play out.
The kids will get it.

Gundy needs to find the lost Del Miller playbook and see what’s inside.

3 Likes

““I think a run threat is a big part of college football. You don’t see a lot of Brandon Weeden-style of offenses anymore. If you’re dominant up front and you have dominant receivers and really good running backs, you can run any kind of offense you want — doesn’t make any difference at all.”

I would love to hear Shane Illingworth’s reaction to this comment from the old ball coach!

4 Likes

It doesn’t. Skill positions should be plug and play if you have the right SYSTEM. We don’t have a system - we have seemingly 4-5 plays we run in different directions: Inside zone to either side (our 2nd down play EVERY TIME), bubble screen (typically to the wide side of the field), chuck it deep, and some form of QB draw/RPO play. That’s literally it. Not a system at all. Gundy wants to stand up there and talk about all the “reps” the 2’s and 3’s are getting - and then blame them when he drastically limits the play calls. This isn’t on the players, the injuries, etc. It’s on Gundy. Plain and simple.

4 Likes