The Rundown: Everything Mike Gundy Said at His Weekly Luncheon

Sounds to me like we should find new coaches to teach them disciplined football, and how to avoid all these things.

1 Like

Let me think about that for a second… no.

This is ur answer for everthing. Why dnt we see if the do better in the second game ever. This would be alot cheaper.

Not sure really how smart Johnson is but all of our receivers seem to have a really hard time starting in the nfl because of the lack of knowledge of routs. This is extremely concerning and has been. It’s not the lack of talent.

3 Likes

Yea be careful how u state his. All went to osu and some graduated. But, I’m writing to a guy who’s best comment involves u sucking.

What else should I say? I would think that if you’re offense sucks this bad, and your specialty is on the offensive side of the ball then it’s a really bad sign.

People in the stadium used watch the offense and go to the concession stand when the defense hit the field. Now, people go to the concession stand when the offense is in the field because they’ve already gotten used to watching their fair share of turnovers, sacks, punts, and field goals.

Then again the head coaches attitude is “it’s better to lose than to change” and from what I’ve seen so far it’s looking more like “it’s better to get fired than to fix my offense”.

1 Like

Woke up today’s day you know what…gundy still sucks.

2 Likes

How do the have enough time to go to the concessions while the offense is out there.

I’m glad to here u woke up quite the accomplishment.

Because the offense takes forever to get lined up. Then we run the ball up the gut. Then there is a penalty or two. Then we waste a little more time on the clock. Then we send Tom Hutton out for the punt. Then when the other team gets the ball back there is usually a commercial break, and then they get back to their seats just in time to see the OSU defense take the field.

1 Like

On Big 12 expansion. It seems the Big 12 is on life support after Bowlsby dropped the ball over a decade ago. We had the chance and were poised to be in the Power 4, yes… 4 conferences and the fly-over states would have a conference. But, we didn’t bring in BYU and Florida State and others interested at the time, we just hemorraged teams slowly. Whether the Longhorns were pulling his strings or not, Bowlsby is an epic fail. Consequently, the Big 12 is 99% dead in 3 years, give or take a year. The alliance conferences will choose to expand as the ESPN gods decree from above, the NCAA will have no say in what was once Division 1 college football and oSu will have a new conference home, so no real worries. Just sad that the foreseeable Big 4 power conferences of 16 teams each with a college football playoff tournament wasn’t even considered back when the Big 12 was a bell cow.
99% dead. That 1% to remain viable, to be a power conference, hinges on the Big 12 being the SECOND conference to secure 16 teams. However, without a true bell cow team or two, it is still unlikely. I personally would like to see the Big 12 add another 4 teams. Boise State and the 3 service academies is the best scenario I can imagine. Each service academy does have a passionate fan base if not a huge one, and national recognition of names.

Just my humble opinion, but pretty much ready to don oSu black for the Big 12 funeral already. ;-[

U won’t have that problem this week. Ur ice box should be close enough to catch Hutton punts.:scream::scream::scream::scream::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::hugs::hugs::hugs::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

Probably in the portal after this season, LOL!

Why with Sanders here he knows he will play, for some reason.

Bowlsby wasn’t the commish then, it was another doofus named Beebe who was in “power” till 2011. Florida State was NEVER interested in the Big XII, say what? Maybe you meant Louisville, which made a heck of a lot more sense than West Virginia. Bowlsby and Beebe were epic fails!

I don’t mind the teams we’ve added, beats trying to join some wack conference thousands of miles away. And very glad it wasn’t the Pac-12, hardly anyone stays up to watch their games plus they didn’t want us anyway, we all saw K-State body slam Stanford which stomped U$C. They don’t want that kind of smoke, LOL!

1 Like

Thanks, so, what do you think of adding the service academies?? just curious.

Back when the ACC seemed the one power 5 at risk, before the rumors of 4 16 team superconferences gained traction, but was out there… Fla State did make back door inquiries, but then backed off when no one winked back.

But, I do stand corrected, Bowlsby dropped, or continued to drop the ball EXACTLY a decade ago. lol