The Rundown: Mike Gundy Talks Spring Game, Nick Saban, Linebackers

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/the-rundown-mike-gundy-talks-spring-game-nick-saban-linebackers/

Gundy spoke at Alabama’s coaching clinic last week.

1 Like

Guess he doesn’t feel too great about his depth at OL.

You and the offensive line really makes you stop thinking.
The fact( I know you dnt care about facts) that 7 of the lineman are not in spring practice. That leaves about 10 with walkon. Sure you can but no.
Look at your Baylor team they’ve reload twice in 5 years.
Lol poor joy

1 Like

Sound like the defense is doing good.

1 Like

Hope he bumped into the trophy case with all the Nattys lined up.

1 Like

Yea rite. How about you bring us some 5 stars recruits.

1 Like

Throw a cool million into the recruiting budget. , you might see some 5 star :star:, maybe a championship

1 Like

I say take it from the overpaid HC and throw it into the recruiting budget.

The facts are that you’re making excuses for Gundy before the season even starts.

“and ultimately, we come up with a package where you don’t beat yourself.”

Where was this package in the coaching department during the CCG?

Thing is it’s not your decision!! Thank goodness!!
You have your hair brained ideas no one pays any attention to, no one respects you Joey

1 Like

So it’s better to run the same exact plays without your 1,200 yard rusher? It’s better to super-glue your mobile QB to the pocket?

1 Like

So you suddenly like Sander now ?? You bashed him all year , what a terrible QB , start Illingworth, anything to biotch. I happen to think he’s the best we have. Highly recruited, POTY , i Texas , that’s about as good as it gets

1 Like

I’m not ignorant to the fact that his best attribute are his legs. Apparently, the coaching staff didn’t get that memo.

1 Like

They get it but you don’t risk running the chit out of him , getting him hurt. He’s pretty ■■■■ good throwing on the run. We better hope he stays healthy this year

1 Like

We did it against ND and it worked out fine. Sometimes you have to use the player’s best attribute to win. Wow!!! What a thought!!!

Anything to argue, anything. Last game of the year, does that ring a bell in that empty axx head of yours !! He’s the main reason we beat your goons

1 Like

Anything to argue? I’ve been saying it since the beginning of the 2020 season. Why does it take an entire season before we finally figure out what a 4th year QB is good at doing? How about centering the offense around what the player does best for the TEAM and not just what the COACH forces them to do?

1 Like

If he gets hurt we will bring In Gunnar !! That should chap your axx real well. I actually think Gunnar may have some moxie about him

1 Like

The last few years with Gundy there’s a new excuse as to why we can’t have an actual “Orange-White” game, which is what the fans actually want. If you’re gonna call it “the spring game”, then play an actual game! This year it’s o-linemen. Last year, it was o-linemen. Year before, a different position group. Like, seriously we can’t recruit, develop, and retain enough healthy o-linemen for a spring game?! This type of chit is what separates us from the championship winning programs or programs that are serious about pursuing and winning them. I guarantee that most other conference championship contenders don’t have this issue. Things like this that crop up are part of the problem as to why we have one Big 12 title in 17 years. It’s called a lack of commitment.

3 Likes