The Rundown: What Mike Gundy Said after Oklahoma State's Loss in the Big 12 Championship

How are you guys hanging the loss on Gundy?
We had the same problem as when we began the season. Key players injured then and now. We are better than Baylor but not when we lack a few key guys on the O line and we play without our star running back. Those missing components result in a different type of offense which cannot move the ball enough. Lack of protection from the banged up O line and the lack of our best RB. That is what cost us the game, as I saw it. We ran it during the last goal line series because there was not enough O line protection for Sanders to be able to pass accurately, and no effective O line to push the defensive line in order to run the ball. If Warren was healthy and in there for that last play he would have pushed that goal line defender back with his shoulder and crossed the pylon.
I am concerned about next season. No Jaylen Warren and no Tay Martin. I donā€™t see the Green twins making up for the loss of Tay. And no one in that RB group has the strength and skill of Jaylen Warren. So I see a very mediocre team next season.

The 2011 defense forced more turnovers than any team in the country that year. Which gave our offense more opportunity. Bet ya didnā€™t know that though.

Yes
Ok gurls Iā€™m out of here. U will be saying the same thing for the next year so I know I would muss anything.
Go a back bone stop crying

1 Like

Jim Knowles and crew pitched a second half shut out. The defense did everything that could be asked of them when they start their drives on the 11, 37, and, 47 yard line

1 Like

Yes I miss those defense. Getting 3 to 4 a game. All this teams cb get are flags.

1 Like

Lmao, this is gold. The offense doesnā€™t score a single touchdown in the first half. The offense gets to the 5-yard line 5 times and comes away with 6 points.

Then the defense gives up one true touchdown all game long. Then they are forced to defend an 11-yard drive and 38-yard drive. Offense phucking consistently put them in bad position over and over again.

Then you want to pin this on the defense ā€œNot doing their jobā€? Get the phuck outta here clown!!!

Still sitting here at 11:49 wondering why Iā€™m still pisssed. You would think by know i wouldnā€™t. Took three games ago to actually think this was different because of the defense and you always here defense wins championships right? But what they donā€™t say is if you have a gundy with that defense it never wins championships. I will say till I die that GUNDY is not the answer to winning anything meaningful. You could give this guy all the money in the world and get the best facilities in the world and the man just canā€™t muster up a dead gum meaningful win. Itā€™s time osu to move on.

12:37am, Iā€™m still ticked at Baylor for holding up the game with 30 seconds on some nonsense. I think we were fixing to catch them off guard. Cheap move. Iā€™m irritated at a lot. Mainly at Casey Dunn. If we can retain Knowles a few more years Iā€™ll have a lot more to be excited for. If weā€™d had won that would had done a lot for years to come. Now Iā€™ve got Cincy, Houston, Baylor, and Iowa St stuck in my head if thereā€™s no coaching changes for them. A lot could happen in that time.

Baylor won because the OC developed a better plan for this game. Each team had injuries that required adjustments. Baylor got more out of what they had available.

1 Like

I think Baylor has 2 young quarterbacks better than any quarterback we have on the team. Accuracy is just as important as athletic.

1 Like

It does. Unless you have Gundy and Dunn commanding the offense, and have a QB that is designed for RPO not running the type of offense heā€™s supposed to fit.

Really? Iā€™m under the impression if you can score all your points on just 95 yards of offense, because the other team is glad to hand you the ball, then you donā€™t have to try too hard for a specific offensive game plan.

I love how ur a genius. How did monken do.
Gundy is going to Miami so u will get ur wish.
To bad dykes is gone. Still got 60 year old fritz.

1 Like

Dunn needs to replaced asap if we want to have any chance in getting into the playoffs. I dont blame Sanders too much. There was no running game and the O line couldnt protect him. Dunn needed to change his game plan and use Sanders legs more but instead he stayed with the same ol plan as if nothing changed.

Defense played great! They gave us a fighing chance.

1 Like

Monken scored more points against a team thatā€™s probably better than Baylor. Plus, heā€™s been playing with his backup QB most of the season as well.

I love how genius you are to assume the OSU defense didnā€™t ā€œdo their jobā€ in the Big 12 title game. Did you notice how quickly you got off this forum Saturday night after that comment?

Unlike u I know it would be a bunch of gurls crying. So yes I got out.
Monken is playing at georgia a bb. Their offense did school enough. Look at psu, too.
Hey u like giving coach time. Give dunn his time
Knowles been here since 18ā€™ letā€™s see boynton will be given his 5th year.
So Joey like usual ur just crying about gundy.

1 Like

The only person that came on there crying was you. Crying to defend Gundy. When that didnā€™t work, and we pointed out how stupid your comment on the defense was, you left faster than the speed of light.

How fitting ā€œMediocre Mike.ā€ I new when they hired him he would never get to the next level. His success only comes from Pikens money and a usually weak conference. Excuses excuses. Take some responsibility Mike. Youā€™re not as good as you think you are. And you are surely not worth the money they pay you.

1 Like

I feel for the kids I wish they won.
But Iā€™m glad guys like u and Joey didnā€™t get ur win.
A bunch of cry babies. Itā€™s said to think their are some many here. But I guess some of u throw bottles too.

1 Like

All you whiners like you, Jug and Joey come out after a loss. Fing pitiful. Who got us to 11-1 was it fairy dust or just luck. Good to see who the real fans are not the fair weather fans. Go pick yourself another team if youā€™re so dissatisfied with us. None of you bozos were biotching until this week but Joey and he biotches all the time

1 Like