The Rundown: What Mike Gundy Said after OSU's 50-44 Win over Texas Tech

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/the-rundown-what-mike-gundy-said-after-osus-50-44-win-over-texas-tech/

On Dez Jackson, Tre Sterling and a whirlwind game in Stillwater.

Just say you have no idea any more how to coach anymore. Worst coached game I’ve seen in quit some time

Glad the boys got a win on senior day. Wow just wow.

Does Gundy ever talk football or does he just blow smoke?

1 Like

With all of the injuries and guys not able to play, in addition to those guys playing who are actually injured I wasn’t sure how we would be able to beat any of the remaining teams on the schedule. So today was a good win and fun to watch considering the walking wounded and missing in action lineup. Cardiac Cowboys for sure. I hope Dez is as good as he looked today and it was not just a fluke because he ran against a very poor team. His second effort yards gained after being hit is impressive. Very brave of Spencer Sanders to be playing injured but still running it as much as he did. Gritty football today.

2 Likes

that’s three times this season the pokes have had to recover an onside to avoid possibly losing. That is not championship caliber football. That is what a scared coach does, and prays his team can recover it.

That marks the 2nd time this season Gundy had a double digit 4th quarter lead and had to rely on special teams to recover it because of his “playing not to lose” mentality.

Will someone from PFB please do an article on his contract details so we can see when the school can afford to get rid of him and bring in someone that actually as some aspirations of winning?

2 Likes

“It’s another special group. We’ve had class after class come through here that have all been to bowl games, been ranked high in the country and played in big-time television games.“

It’s another special group I’ll fail to make any real accomplishments with this season. We’ve had class after class come through here that have either played in meaningless bowl games, or got completely embarrassed in a major bowl game. They’ve been ranked real high in the country, but I’ve always made sure to strategize ways to maybe get us kicked out of the top 25. They’ve also been embarrassed in big-time television games like you had seen last weekend.

Joe15 you would think after 16 years Gundy could change his play not to lose mentality, just sickening to watch this nonsense. Feel sorry for the players.

Very interesting opinion…considering gundy is the best coach for osu and its football program and does care about this team more than you give him credit for. Its easy for you and others to comment and say this and that. They got the W thats what counts id like to see any of you get out there and coach and let’s see what you can do. Let’s not all forget yes he is the coach but is he on the field making plays is he scoring on offense and making stops on defense no hes the dam coach the players are in the game you can coach a person all you want but its that person making plays on the field thats winning or losing games

1 Like

Tyler,

If you want to support a coach that punts the ball from the opponent’s 39 yard line, down 21 points, and with 12 minutes left in the ball game then go right ahead. The rest of us that can clearly see through the BS explanations and strategic he provides.

We will continue to call for a coach that isn’t scared to death of their in state rival and doesn’t feel comfortable being a middle of the pack Big 12 team while being the 13th highest paid college football coach in America.

Like AR1 said, “Good coaches make the system fit the players, but Gundy tries to make players fit the system”. If there is something they can’t do then you don’t keep making them do the same exact thing.

Lmao make the system fit the players have you ever played ball or sports before…have you ever been on a team and got special attention and made it all about you get out here with that thats not how it works in my opinion anyways like you we all have one and one more thing is he the only coach is he the only one making decisions no there is a whole “SYSTEM” of coach’s. And the punt was not the best call but the right one i love my cowboys but they wasn’t doing anything all day so your telling me let’s go for the 4th down when sadly we know we aren’t going to convert to a 1st down yea let’s just keep making desperate calls so gundy since he is the only coach out there can make you and ar1 happy

1 Like

Urban Meyer talks about Bob Stoops preferring a 4-3 defense but the year they were going to play, Stoops needed more speed so he switched to a 3-4. That would be switching the system to fit the players. Now I’m sure you know as much as those two, but that’s where I got it. Urban Meyer said " good coaches change the system to fit the players, not try to make the players fit the system".

I agree. Gundy seems content on losing to big name teams like Texas and OU. It seems he has no fire as he stands stoically on the sidelines immersed in his headset as we suffer questionable calls down the stretch of key games. Case in point was the Texas game where the refs kept the Horns in it with phantom roughing the passer, pass interference and lineman downfield calls. Even the TV commentators couldn’t understand his lack of reaction! Time for a new coach who wants to take the Cowboy program to the next level.

Lucky special teams and the defense bailed us out. Another uninspiring job by the head coach. Gundy seems content on a play not to lose mentality and in losing to big name teams like Texas and OU. It seems he has no fire as he stands stoically on the sidelines immersed in his headset as we suffer questionable calls down the stretch of key games. Case in point was the Texas game where the refs kept the Horns in it with phantom roughing the passer, pass interference and lineman downfield calls. Even the TV commentators couldn’t understand his lack of reaction! Time for a new coach who wants to take the Cowboy program to the next level.

Urban myer is your go to…he had access to whatever caliber and level player he wanted compared to gundy lmao anyways not sure the point to keep going back and fourth with someone who is going to sit here and compare other programs and coach’s that have way different abilities than osu and stoops changed his defense cause it needed to be changed because realistically outside of the big 12 his defense didn’t stand a chance to better teams outside the conference so he might have said that but again thats him not gundy but hey what do I know im not a coach and haven’t coached a college football team just like you im sure but hey let me know when you make it out there and give osu a better chance and coaching ability than gundy or anyone for that matter good day sir or ma’am whichever one you are and God bless…hope that contract works out for you im sure with all this info you shared with me will take you far in your career

1 Like

Meyer told that story in reference to Jim Harbaugh. I think Harbaugh is a great comparison to Gundy. Both have horrible records against their rival, both are paid at a high level, both have zero chance of making a big jump in success in their conference.

U lie joe with Gundy being paid 4 million he is not 13th. I’ve told u before but like usual u like to lie. We have changed our defense. There is nothing wrong with the offense. Its Sanders cant run it. If anyone oh u geniuses knows a offense Sanders can run tell us.
There 2 things I know one Gundy win and u, arl and the other cry babies r bad fans. U put down the coaches players and the school. I know in ur neanderthal brain. The way u what to fix it is to get worse coaches or thugs. I’m not spending my week with u. I know exactly what ur going to rite. Unlike real fans where we can find alot of good and talk about. Ur one talk mind makes u not even fun making fun of anymore you too ar1

I do wish dez would have ran that in we.

Joe believes miles is a good coach. Miles has take a good 3 win team and made them into a complete zero, only cost 500,000 dollars less then what Gundy gets.
Joe said wells is a good coach. Nice kick off, thank you very much. He is on his second losing season so far. For just 900,000 less then mike. Ksu just upped the coach how does he repay them have a losing season. Harbaugh get 3.5 million to lose every yr to tosu and have a losing season.
I can do this all day long, joe.

Harbaugh has a higher winning percentage than Gundy and is going to be fired.