The Top 5 Quotes from Mike Gundy's First Spring Ball News Conference

Your a whine up doll. The high grade. Pull the cord your cry about titles pullit again you cry about coaches.

1 Like

Hear, hear. I don’t get firing Greg Richmond, doofy! This new guy had better be the best thing since toilet paper!

1 Like

They are too homeristic and will never say anything about their god, Michael Gumby. He’s perfect.

1 Like

2019- Kody Walterschied, Israel Antwine (transfer)

2020- Collin Clay (4 star transfer)

2021- Aden Kelley (4 star recruit), Nathan Latu (JUCO)

2022- Seleti Fevaleaki (5th best JUCO DL), Solomon Wright (Arkansas transfer)

2023- Iman Oates (5th best DL CC player), Justin Kirkland (Utah Tech)

Richmond also was hired two months before Tyler Lacy came to Oklahoma State (NFL draft pick). Who do
you think developed him? Tell me how many of Dickey’s recruits have been developed well and been drafted recently?

By your rationale. Gundy should’ve gotten rid of Dickey before last season then. Then you have the audacity to say I don’t know football? How about you stop being a hypocrite, and apply the same standards across the board for everyone?

Richmond’s lines were applying pressure and decent at stopping the run while he was here. Dickey is going into year 6 with only two lines in his OSU career that have averaged 5 ypc. Richmond brought in transfers and had a decent retention rate. Dickey brought in Freshman and couldn’t hold onto half his recruits. Try using your brain one day.

Why don’t you go wear your 2011 conference champs hat around Norman. I dare you!!!

I knew you would change the narrative. We were talking Richmond Half the ones you listed you made fun of them for being recruited. How many DL have drafted other than Lacy ? We have been average at stopping the run. Check the stats moron.

1 Like

Change the narrative? You have a problem with Richmond’s recruiting, but nobody else? At least he developed Lacy and got him drafted. That’s one more than Dickey can claim.

What does that even mean

1 Like

Your points are good and heard Gundy is demanding answers on why HS recruits have never made the rotation under this OL coach. Gundy is also wanting some of those recruits to get in meaningful snaps this year to avoid issues this spring and next year. HS recruit Parents have been in Gundy’s ear and he is listening, he knows that HS recruit perception will kill future recruiting classes and you know other programs are using that. One parent told me he said “he is tired seeing OSU develop young lineman to see them compete against us and out play our guys”. Bill is on target from the info I received. Did you listen to Gundy’s interview with RA?

The Bears drafted Jenkins in 21 you moron
I don’t know if @Nacho has first hand information but this was about Richmond. If @Nacho has first hand info let’s hear it. Maybe you can enlighten us. Joy doesn’t know that NIL plays a big part in keeping guys Some are babies that think they should start first year. We had decent recruits this year and more waiting that will play this year
We have had a lot of injuries and kids leaving to play somewhere else because they can’t beat a starter out of get lots of playing time.
I’ve. never heard Gundy say he was tired of kids leaving and outplaying us if we meet them

I heard Richmond was liked. On Tev, he was not recruited by Dickey but Sills was through the portal. This was related to his HS recruits and even Gundy is tired of it and that came directly from a coach.

It sounded like is was related to the performance of that room and Gundy wanted more out of the DL, but it also sounded like a tough decision because Gundy likes him.

So Gundy fires a position coach whose group has been really good (on the side of the ball Gundy claims to not know as well), yet refuses to fire a position coach whose group has struggled for years (on the side of the hall that Gundy specializes in, supposedly.) Sometimes, Gundy does dumb stuff simply because he gets bored when things are going too well.

1 Like

There might have been more but that’s all I heard.

Gundy stated it was a tough decision. I’ve read he really liked Richmond so I can’t give you an answer why he let him go.
Dickey lines have just been inconsistent. Too many leave for various reasons. Gundy knows more football than I do so I trust him on it

:arrow_up: Exactly!!! Couldn’t have said it any better.

Anyone knows more football than you do. So you shouldn’t trust yourself.

Dickey was only here for a couple of years before Jenkins was drafted. Richmond has been here the entire time since Lacy was here.

What about before NIL? Are you going to answer this question finally? Or avoid it like the plague as you always do?

Thing is you know way less than me so try harder joy. You’re at ground zero

1 Like

You can’t help yourself can you. You keep asking stupid questions to try to prove you don’t know squat about football. What if Dickey was here two years. Maybe he’s the one that got him there. Just keep asking stupid questions

1 Like