Things I Hate About Work

Man I hate teams. It feels so utterly clunky compared to other options. I guess they gave us the best price

1 Like

ugh. This is even worse when people outside of your company do it.
When I get a customer who schedules a con call where Iā€™m one of the focus members, not simply a copy, and itā€™s in (checks clock)ā€¦ 15 minutes.

How ****ing presumptuous of you to assume you are that crazy important and I have nothing else to do or Iā€™m in the middle of nothing else.

Man, work fires me up.

3 Likes

I absolutely love Teams and the ability to work in Planner and OneDrive (among others). I also spent time learning it to teach it, so Iā€™m biased.

1 Like

I actually kind of like it. Admittedly though I donā€™t have a ton of experience with alternative video conferencing products.

You need to be more selfless.

1 Like

We just started to use Planner and it looks useful once it is fully set up.

You can integrate OneDrive too. Set up tasks, attach documents, review, group tasks/items, analyze data - all within Planner.

Iā€™m hoping itā€™s going to get better. We are trying to use it to create a virtual National sales meeting where we manually set up rooms for suppliers to come in and talk to teams. Essentially like break out rooms. Itā€™s doable, but certainly clunky.

1 Like

Your weakest link is the person who doesnā€™t buy-in. I tried to teach one of our older colleagues how to use it, but theyā€™re two years from retirement so why does it matter? Well, the pandemic happened and they were the cog in the machine.

3 Likes

Can anyone explain why the iPhone uploads pictures in OneDrive as HEIC files? Maybe itā€™s just meā€¦

No idea on the file type issue (I also donā€™t have an iPhone).

I will have to do some research after my meeting.

Or how about people who leave messages, when itā€™s not even necessarily required anymore, because we know whoā€™s calling?

4 Likes

HEIC is the iPhoneā€™s default format. It can be changed to JPEG by changing a camera setting.

Ah. Why does everyone have to create their own? Why canā€™t we just stick with the methods from the pioneers? They work.

3 Likes

Now we have to get all these ā– ā– ā– ā–  adapters.

My mother in lawā€¦without failā€¦every timeā€¦ ā€œHello this is your Mother in Lawā€¦ā€

Yeaaaaaaā€¦ after 10 years I kinda know what you sound likeā€¦and the phone tells meā€¦and furthermore stop leaving VMs, I only check it to clear the annoying red icon. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That would be too simple. Oh well I have it figured out now. Would have saved me some hassle this morning.

6 Likes

haha I love at the end of that, it results in sticking a Thumbdrive into a video port.

5 Likes