Three Early Potential Candidates for OSU's Vacant Defensive Coordinator Spot

That’s exactly the point AR is trying to make. What is the threshold? That hasn’t clearly been defined at all.

In the past he’s gotten a raise and extension for 7-6.

1 Like

When is it ever clearly defined?

LOL. I dont disagree. But if I did that on here, the OSU people think its sour grapes and then like to say its the same as OU leaving the Big 12. I also hate my OU brethren acting like now that Lincoln is gone that he is all of a sudden a terrible coach. So I tread lightly on mentioning much of that on this site

"In the past he’s gotten a raise and extension for 7-6." Yea well that is the effect of Market forces. 7-6 is a low point for Gundy and I’ll bet a lot of teams would hire a coach where their low water mark was 7-6, especially when they have a large string of 10 win seasons

Yea well I would never think it is sour grapes so hate on him all you want. Also I don’t think he is a terrible coach just a terrible person

Also regardless what Lincoin did is similar to what OU did to the B12. Deceit was involved in both cases IMO

Yeah I disagree. But thats ok. Lincoln is obligated to his employers and most importantly, his players and their families to be more upfront than what he was. OU had no obligation to OSU or the Big 12 to tell them earlier than they did that they were going to go to a different Conf. I mean, OU will be playing in 2022 in the Big 12. So…by the time the OU begins playing in the SEC it will be 2023. That will be 2years. Thats plenty of notice in my opinion. How much more notice do you need!!!

How can you define what success should look like if you never tell the coach? As far as Gundy is concerned 6 wins and a bowl appearance is good enough. Considering his contract extension hit once he got his sixth win this season.

The goal hasn’t changed since 2005. Don’t you think it’s time to set a little higher standard for the football program? How can you win a conference title, play for one five times, and have five seasons of 10 wins it more, and then say “Just make any bowl game and we’ll call it good!!!”?

What I don’t understand is how they can call Lincoln Riley a bad man while at the same time embracing Jeff Lebby in loving arms. That’s some serious fandom right there!!!

2 Likes

I like your idea on Patterson grooming an heir apparent! I could get behind a plan like that, let him be our DC until he finds his next HC gig and have maybe a younger co-DC that takes over when Patterson does move on. You should be on the hiring committee Robert.

1 Like

Graduate lots of players, run a clean program, win more than you lose.

3 Likes

Are you trying make sure mediocrity is the standard?

Yea your missing the point, no one has an obligation legal wise not to be slimy and deceitful. However it is not what decent people do. OU was deceitful in their move to the SEC. Case closed.

2 Likes

That’s easy to understand. Riley screwed over OU. Lebby did nothing to OU.

Case isn’t closed. How was OU deceitful?

So…what’s going to happen when Lebby refuses to report rape cases from female students to the Norman police? Will he sweep it under the rug with his increased salary?

1 Like

Bill Clay ran a 4-2-5. Still have nightmares. It got torched constantly. We didn’t have the dudes to make it work at all.

Based on Gundy’s comments being confident in keeping Knowles and then when we didn’t saying “it’s not just about offering a blank check,” I think reading between the lines, administration was willing to pay more to keep Knowles, but either Ohio State was too good a job or, as speculated, Knowles is making $2-$3 mil.

1 Like

For starters how about the fact that we had to get the news from TAMU. If they hadn’t found out and said anything we still might not know. Anyway this has already been discussed over and over and I’m not interested in explaining my position anymore, I can see that a large contingent of OU fans deny that they did anyone dirty so good for them. I guess Riley didn’t do anything wrong either so everything is good.

2 Likes