Thunder thread

Darius Bazley actually looks like a great draft pick.

I was skeptical but the kid can play for sure. High motor and some real potential.

This team is doing exactly what they need to,m. Be entertaining and have close games, fun to watch, but losing :joy:

2 Likes

Exactly. Need them to tank. Be in the lowest ten teams. Make Chris Paul look good so he can be offloaded. Gallinari seems like he has already established that, so he should be traded at the deadline for more assets. Steven Adams? Eh…

Steven is clearly hurt. So I don’t know about him getting traded. CP3 has been balling. He still has it. There’s a reason NBA twitter nicknamed him the point god. And Gallo And Schroeder have definitely shown their value for trades.

SGA is a dude. But we all knew that. I think Presti May have done it again with bazely.

1 Like

Schroeder too! Forgot about him.

While I thought tanking was the way to go, I gotta say it’s been fun watching the Thunder make the most of their situation. 4 game winning streak and above .500

1 Like

I think they could be an 8 seed, unless they have a fire sale at the deadline. I’m good either way.

Schroeder and Gallinari can get us more picks.

It’s looking more and more like Gallinari will be the only one leaving. GM’s are saying that as of now he’s the only one of value that could bring anything back to OKC worth it. CP3 is too expensive as well as Steven Adams. Nobody is talking about Schroeder either apparently.

I personally would love to have this team the rest of the year, maybe minus Gallo. They’ve really meshed and could win a game in the playoffs after squeaking in most likely. They are a very fun and exciting team to watch.

2 Likes

I’m ok with keeping Steven. At first I wasn’t (there are some comments somewhere on the blog that would indicate such). But I’m cool with it now.

Schroeder, though? He could be a good backup.

Adams looks like the 15 point, 15 rebound guy who can defend the pick and roll like a wizard again because he’s finally healthy. Earlier this year he was playing hurt and everyone could tell he wasn’t right, but he’s tough to a fault so he wouldn’t just sit and get right.

Schroeder is weird to me as nobody seems to want him… but he’s definitely got the talent. I think he likes being OKC too so maybe he just doesn’t want out.

Schroeder has been on an absolute tear. Without checking stats, he has to be averaging 25ish points per game the last 6-7 games.

Last ten games hes at 23 a game and shooting 50% from the field and 43%(!!!) from 3. No doubt that he’s playing well, which confuses me as to why nobody is going after him unless he just doesn’t want to leave. OKC is kind of loyal to a fault sometimes and if he wants to stay then they’ll keep him.

1 Like

Yeeeaaahhh, see, at this point I don’t really care about loyalty. Let’s build loyalty when we start building a team. We’re not there yet.

That’s just their style. Which they model after the spurs. It also kind of encompasses the “Oklahoma” type. Loyal to a fault. I selfishly want to keep Schroder because I love watching good basketball and he’s quite good.

I’d love to just trade Gallo for picks and then keep the rest of this team in tact. Then package our picks for a top lottery pick instead of having 323123 picks. Presti can hit on a draft pick or two and we’ll be right back without having a time when OKC Thunder basketball was abysmal.

2 Likes

5…games…over…500. Did not think they would be where they are, currently.

Are they buyers or sellers at the deadline…? If nobody is going to go for Chris Paul, maybe we can get someone to help get a #7 or 8 seed.

Weird right?

And to answer that, I think the only guy on the market is Gallinari. Nobody wants to pay for CP3 even though he’s balling out. For some weird reason there’s no action around Schroeder either. Adams, same with nobody wanting to pay him.

SGA has been everything that he was advertised. An absolute Dude. I also don’t think they need to add anything to get that 7-8 or even 6 spot. Nobody counted on the Bottom half of the west to be so bad. I don’t see anyone really catching the thunder even this early.

Yeah, the West is very top heavy.

I think the East is going to win the championship this year. I know the Raptors won last season, but I think the East is overall stronger this year.

You may be forgetting those two LA teams. Those two teams are juggernauts. That WCF will be EPIC. And then the bucks may put up a fight in the finals but I just don’t see anyone taking out a kawhi or Lebron lead team in the finals.

You don’t think Giannis equalizes those two? Get outta’ here!

Giannis is primed and ready to beat those guys.

(I’m a big Giannis advocate. He is going to go down as one of the top 10 greatest players ever.)

Sure Giannis May cancel out one. (Which he really doesn’t against Lebron who is just as physical a freak as him and guards Giannis extremely well and Kawhi who can stop anyone.) but let’s say Lebron and Giannis are even, who’s taking AD from the bucks? And who’s taking Paul George is it’s the clippers. Khris Middleton is a great player but he’s not AD or PG. most often in the basketball playoffs it’s about the best players and the lakers and Clippers have more great players.

None of this to discount Giannis. He’s amazing. But can’t guard two people.

1 Like