Tired of Holliday thread

But our 3 wins were against 2-8 Wright state (one was a certified murder attempt) and against a quality Zags team we got swept. Missouri state win was solid, not like they’re a world beater but they’re a lot more formidable than Wright state.

Definitely not being serious at all but it is a little ironic how we have performed significantly better on the road than we have at home, albeit using a small sample size to this point.

1 Like

I think Josh really needs to start thinking about what happens if he gets fired. One more loss and Chad might just cut him loose.

(/s)

2 Likes

@NYCowboy did @JustGary take over your account? Bumping hot seat threads is Gary’s schtick. How dare you steal Gary’s schtick?! :laughing: Get your own schtick…like regurgitating the Lord of the Rings language mumbo jumbo you like so much (I’m still reeling from my LOTR education on the Super Bowl thread…LOL) :smirk:

Bump. Dude is insanely selfish. Won’t even let other teams win any.

3 Likes

And don’t get me started on Walton. Rob trots a danged fascist out on the mound every single Friday night. He doesn’t even let batters put the ball in play. Too many strikeouts!

3 Likes

bump for @levi4

3 Likes

Going ahead and bumping this

1 Like

You should. I know that he’s the golden boy, and I know he had to wait longer than he should’ve had to for O’Brate, but if Josh doesn’t make a DEEP run in Omaha in the next two years, he needs to go. I’ll say if.

11 Likes

That’s fine. At some point, the tradition needs to be restored. Call me a clown I guess.

1 Like

True. It has been 62 years since our last Natty

1 Like

Sarcasm aside, based on our history you’d like to see a couple more CWS appearances in his tenure this far. I agree this is a big year, but I also think we have the right guy at the helm

I would also say for me I view baseball like basketball, not as concerned with conference titles, but moreso deep tourney runs with Supers and CWS’

2 Likes

Yes.

I personally view it the opposite. A regular season baseball/basketball title means you were really, really good over the course of 60 days. Winning a regional and super regional is awesome, but there is way more parity in college baseball/basketball today and the NCAA tournament is more luck dependent. If you run into a scorching hot team or have 1 horrible day, it completely negates a 120 day body of work. You don’t luck into winning a regular season baseball/basketball title in the Big 12.

2 Likes

Do I wish OSU was making it to Omaha more consistently? Yes. Will I be disappointed if OSU doesn’t make it to Omaha this year? Based on talent, yes. That doesn’t mean Josh should be anywhere near a hot seat, though. If you fire an alum who has won 70% of games he’s coached just because he isn’t making it to Omaha as much as you’d like in a time when making it to Omaha has never been harder, who exactly do you think is going to be lining up to take that job? This isn’t the 80’s. There are 100 capable baseball teams today. That wasn’t the case back then. Hell, they didn’t even have super regionals until 1999.

3 Likes

Fair point. I guess in theory I can’t say I’ve experienced a conference champion that didn’t follow with a deep run so I can’t say how o felt about said team. That said, while maybe our 2004 hoops squad holds a little more favor in my memory, I view the 95 final four and 00 elite eight teams in essentially the same regard. That said, if you give me a choice of a F4 or E8 team with no conference champ car conference champ outed in 2nd round or S16 I’m going with the first option. Based on the experience and memory of the tourney run

2 Likes

Recruiting will continue to improve now that they are in O’Brate (though recruiting was good before too) and it should improve even more with the cut down of the mlb draft.

I’m more interested in Rob’s future at this point. I’ve heard some not so great things about him but maybe that’s just hearsay.

3 Likes

There is where everyone clowned @Dribble last year that OSU basketball was a championship caliber team. He was right though. If you value the process, eventually you’ll get the results. Josh’s process is good. They’re on the pathway to something special. If you consistently build teams that are finishing at the top of the Big 12, you’ll eventually have some Omaha teams. I think you’ll end up looking at success over Josh’s 25 years here differently than trying to pick out one individual season where they may not have made it out of a regional or super.

1 Like

Please know I wholeheartedly agree with you on Josh. I love what we’re doing and am arguing for him. Our convo may have derailed some. I love Josh and Mike B and trust them both and hope we have them for along time to come. I of course want conference titles, but like the tourney runs as we’ll. My desire is top half of conference in basketball year in/year out and top 3-4 in baseball with titles sprinkled in. This remains the same desire in the B1G as well :wink:

2 Likes

I think we’re pretty much on the same page. I was just providing context for my opinion in general. I very much look forward to our return trips to Haymarket Park in the Spring of 2025

2 Likes

Nolan let em know?