UCLA and USC Reportedly Set to Leave for Big Ten in Stunning Conference Realignment Twist

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/ucla-and-usc-reportedly-set-to-leave-for-big-ten-in-stunning-conference-realignment-twist/

Plus thoughts on what it means and where we’re headed.

1 Like

College athletics are getting dumber and dumber by the day.

3 Likes

Going to go to 3 conferences, ACC will get split between SEC and Big 10 and Big 12/PAC 12 will merge. North South and West conferences with NFL style playoffs.

3 Likes

To take in all of the pac 12 we would have to have the acc take the 3 east coast teams. The add boise . Go to a straight division 10 team set up.

Other wise we get Oregon Washington Stanford and ?

1 Like

The new Big 12 commish needs to make call to the following schools ASAP

1. Oregon
  2. Washington
  3. Arizona
  4. Arizona State
  5. Utah
  6. Colorado
1 Like

It’s complete madness.

2 Likes

I not want all that list. Drop Arizona schools and Colorado and Stanford

2 Likes

And Lincoln Riley Thought he had a cakewalk to the Big dance. I think it’s so funny.

3 Likes

Lol good one. Maybe joy and jug can get riley to come here

1 Like

Big Ten is still a lot easier than SEC. There’s like 1-3 other good programs every year.

2 Likes

Weirdest.thing.ever. at least in college football. I don’t see it as a good fit at all. For football it probably won’t be overly weird as there is word UW and Oregone has also applied, but think about the other sports and the logistics of that. You’re gonna run your baseball, both b.ball teams, golf, etc all the way across the country on a regular basis?

Here’s an idea, poach Colorado to come back, add both Zona schools and add Utah to the Big XII.

1 Like

Too late, UW and Oregone have already applied to B1G supposedly. I also though of those other four and made a comment below before seeing yours.

I made a joke on FB that Riley is already in the portal! :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

2 Likes

That would be a killer for the lesser sports for sure. Kids would spend more time traveling than school. Plus the cost as of now with the “Russia “
gas costs :joy::joy:

2 Likes

You guys need to quit thinking about poaching other teams to bring to this dying Conf that consists of mostly 3rd-tier facilities/programs other than Oklahoma State. You guys better start trying to leave this Conf & get to a better situation rather than poaching lightweights to help plug the hole in the Titanic

Nobody wants Colorado. You need to leave this Conf if possible. If not, you shoot for Oregon. Washington. Arizona. ASU. Louisville. The two most powerful Conf’s have been the SEC & Big 10. OU, Texas, USC & UCLA moving has only made that gap wider. The remains of the Big 12 is going to be much, much closer to a “group of 5” than a Power 5

1 Like

@KetchupSicle I would love it if OSU were to end up in either the SEC or Big 10 (my preference would be the Big 10 because I think we could be more competitive there and I no longer want to be in the same conference as OU).
However, we have to honest. The next schools to be poached by the Big 10 and SEC are Notre Dame and the blue bloods of the ACC. It won’t happen in the near future due to the GOR for the ACC expiring in 2036 but it’s coming. Once it happens, their expansion is done and they break away to form their own division of football.
Now, does that the mean the OSU leadership shouldn’t try to get the Big 2? Of course not, they need to fight scratch and claw to get the absolute best for OSU.
I’m just more pessimistic about our future in the aftermath of OU/Texas moving to the SEC. It told me that while OSU has some value being a good athletic program, it doesn’t have enough value for the big boys to come calling.

2 Likes

Right?! Good thing Pac-12 schools are not demanding academically speaking. All athletes, please change your major to physical education, LOL!

1 Like

Third-tier, are they? You think Zona and Zona St, Colorado and Utah are 3rd tier? You need to travel more of something, lol.

You have some weird takes, nobody wants Colorado? Why, only cause their football team has sucked like UT or you hate the state? I already said, Oregon and UW have already applied for B1G. Who wants to travel THAT FAR across the country? It’s bad enough we have West Va. Louisville is too late, XII could have had them ages ago when Doofus Beebe was the commish and somehow they decided West Va was a better fit, LOL. But how are they better than Colorado as far as media markets, etc??? I’ll take Denver, Colo Springs, etc over L-ville and the rest of Kentucky’s media market any day.

1 Like

We don’t need to be in crappy B1G, that’s almost as weird of a fit as U$C and Ucla going there. Big XII is fine as is but since college sports seems to be on a combo of meth-PCP-coke it’s likely some of the rest of the Pac-12 teams will get poached and what Power 5 conference is now closest to most of the rest of the teams? I can easily see Big XII taking both Zona schools, Colorado and Utah and that’s just based on geography. I’m good as is right now but doesn’t look like these crazy moves are gonna go away.

I suppose what B1G could do is just take all Pac-12 teams and make it B1G West. :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like