USC Offensive Line Transfer Casey Collier Commits to Oklahoma State

@ar1

Why do you AND @joe15 have championshi… “different expectations” with Gundy as HC?

Because if Baylor can win 3 championships in the last decade with different coaches and coming from the bottom of the conference (unlike Gundy) then OSU should.

2 Likes

@ar1

Thats actually respectable

We’ve always had them. I guess you need to invest in someone else reading our posts for you if it’s too difficult for you to understand.

When his mentor (Pat Jones) is saying we should be well past the point of just being content with making a bowl game, I have to agree. Gundy is one of the select few coach’s in the country that’s considered a payroll bandit. Usually when a program makes you one of the highest paid coaches in the country it’s based on consistent merit, rather than being a one hit wonder.

Imagine: GETTING a player instead of LOSING a player (…and another player…and a head coach…and an assistant coach…and another assistant coach) to USC!

Arguably $7.5M in Stillwater, Okla. > $10M in Los Angeles, Calif.

1 Like

Seems kinda expensive for just being bowl eligible. A

1 Like

Yep!!! A line that proved they could fall apart when one goes down.

It’s funny ( or sad) when you guys cry about something then it get better, the 3 stooges cry twice as much.

3 Likes

Amen. They’ve complained a million times harder about conference titles and NY6 bowls since we made one and won the other. The better something gets, the more it makes them bitter. God forbid we ever win a NC. Can you imagine?

Fan: We won a national championship! What an historic season!
Joe: OH great, now we’ll never get rid of Gundy!
ar: This fan base is happy with one national championship in 20 years.
Joe: They didn’t throw to the Cowboy Back once in the title game!
ar: Gundy probably still won’t get any 5 stars.
Joe: Without Derek Mason’s defense, we would’ve lost. Can’t count on a late interception to win every national championship!
ar: I’m so butthurt right now.
Joe: Me too. Hold me.
Both: (they spoon)
ar: (sniffling through tears) Hey, Joe?
Joe: Yeah, baby?
ar: Gundy’s still lost more Bedlams than any coach, right?
Joe: Yeah, babe.
Fan: WTF just happened?

4 Likes

I would say your a genius. But these 3 yahoo could make any body funny lmao.

Great skit.

1 Like

@joe15

You have “ALWAYS” had championship expectations?

@joe15

“ALWAYS” championship expectations, since when [LITERALLY WHEN] ???

In all seriousness, did we pull the scholly offer to Pines after these two committed? Any way of knowing? Would like to land the Condon kid out of Bishop McGuinness.

How are we supposed to know if it’s better or not? The OL was supposed to be solid last season. We all know how that went down. We couldn’t even push forward more than 1 time out of 8 tries in the red zone for a touchdown during the CCG.

I don’t mind getting a three star recruit if he can play, but don’t piss on me and tell me it’s raining. Especially when the offensive line was average at best last season and you lose several lineman and have to replace them. In Gundy’s program that’s called a rebuild and not a reload, and under Gundy we all know what a rebuilding on the offensive line looks like.

Hopefully I’m wrong, but the inconsistency at that position over the last several years doesn’t have me convinced yet that anything is going to be better.

Just you cry about ever thing just to cry.

You wanted title game got title game. We have not stopped hearing about that.
New year 6 got that, we won so you guys not cry about it.
We had not got any linemen in portal we got at least 2, yet you cry more.
We got two lineman you 3 have came out crying. So it must be good.

1 Like

It’s simple. If we’re going to be at the “Big Boy” table then we better figure out a way to make it better more consistently. If we think we’re going to be champions in the future with a coach that doesn’t win championships we’re only fooling ourselves.

You can still be thankful for playing in the title game, NY6 game, and getting the first Bedlam victory in 7 years. The difference between you and me is that I just want the program to improve and be better on the national stage. You think it’s just great if we get 7 wins.

Every since 2011 and knowing the potential the program could get to? Yes I have. We should’ve won a conference title in 2013 as well, but we decided to play Mike Gundy football. We also used the Mike Gundy strategy in 2016. We would rather kneel at the 50 yard line with 15 seconds left than try to get into FG position to go into halftime with the lead.

Championship caliber coaches don’t sit around just waiting for something bad to happen to the opponent. They go out and MAKE something bad happen for the opponent. Gundy’s best bedlam games have been when he doesn’t let off the gas against them. Not when he tries to stubbornly run the ball against them when it doesn’t work.

I’m with AR on this one. If Baylor can win three championships with different coaches in the last 8 seasons and completely rebuild their program each time, then there isn’t any reason why a coach that a been around for 17 years can’t win a second one with what he claims is a stable program.

If Baylor can get four wins against OU in the last decade there shouldn’t be any reason why the best coach in school history can’t either. Robert and Michael like to totally ignore that part though. They don’t like it when we mention Baylor.

The difference between you and me is your an idiot I’m not.
You go on and on about 7 win seasons but we have more 10 win seasons.

1 Like