Utah Tech Defensive Line Transfer Justin Kirkland Commits to Oklahoma State

I guess you would agree with me it’s his JOB to fix it and not make excuses. We know that’s something you love to do but it’s not making the OSU offensive line any better.

Gundy’s lost 18 players to either the portal or leaving the team for personal reasons. I know someone like you might think that’s a win but it’s actually a big loss.

I didn’t join this blog until this season. So how in the hell would I be able to make fun of Warren? Since we want to discuss last season maybe you can explain to me why LD Brown got the starting position at the beginning of the year over an NFL player in Warren? Guess our coaches totally missed that evaluation. What is your excuse?

L. D. Started two games until Warren proved he deserved the starting spot. Pre B12 you idiot , that’s what those games are for

1 Like

Why does Warren need to prove he can start? Shouldn’t his coaches know that already? See what I’m talking about here? You don’t know anything about football at all.

Looks to me like we have a coaching staff that can’t evaluate the players properly that they have. Better be glad that Warren was good enough to make the coaches and offensive line look better than it actually was.

Yes gundy sucks and needs to be fired. He’s a cock that needs to be drug by his little mullet thing into a room with just the reporters that he has belittled over the years for an hour and let them take care of business. He’s a disgrace and has done nothing over the last years but be a disservice to the fan base. Couldn’t think of a more dic that needs to be checked.

Wow. This comment section is out of control. Fans calling other fans idiots, morons, etc. What have we become? I agree this exodus is a problem. I think it is a mixture of 18yo expectations and frankly lack of direction on offense. Most of the big defections are on the Offensive side. Mason Cobb left for the money. He was offered the same deal at Eskimo Joes that Spencer got and was going to get more at USC. If you came here with the expectation that we were going to spread the ball around and now you are just blocking, then it makes sense. Look at our PPP average over the last 3 years. As far as getting players to transfer in, that is a different topic. I saw an article a while back and I am sorry that I can’t reference but they looked at what was a good prognostic sign that a transfer would do well at the new school w/ end points being all conference 1/2/3 team, invited to combine, drafted. Etc. Interesting thing was that it was not their star rating coming out of high school although that did correlate to how many snaps they played. Biggest correlation w/ good outcome was 1/2 team all conference at a mid major or D2 level. Would be interesting to see some good data on that over the next 3-4 years. We are NEVER going to be in consistently on 5 stars or even 4 stars. But we can be the top transfer portal school. Look at Utah. They are usually ranked near us on rivals but they kill it w/ transfers. Heck. Look what Eddie Sutton did back in the days. Let’s not get too down on these kids just b/c they aren’t a previous 4-5 star. JMO.

6 Likes

In regards to what though? Players leaving or players going? Once you can get Gundy to buy into that I’m all good with it. Good luck with that though.

These transfers have been a kick in the dkkk but I’m not that worked up about it . If we really have a losing season next year (the first in decades) then I’ll have some real anxiety . One thing I’ve seen that as much as everyone is bashing these kids for instant gratification they’re wanting an instant championship too.

3 Likes