Video Game Thread

Also has anyone here played the Guardians of the Galaxy game. It’s really good!

1 Like

While we’re talking good games. My roommate is letting me use his PS5 to play the Spider-Man game. Just absolutely fantastic

1 Like

How good are we talking?

1 Like

Spider-Man and Batman Arkham City are the 2 best superhero games of all time in my opinion.

1 Like

1000% agree

1 Like

I’d give it a 8 or 9 out of 10 honestly. The writing and dialogue is really good. The banter between the guardians is so fun to listen to.

1 Like

I’ll admit that pretty surprising! I was worried about it after the avengers game.

1 Like

Trust me it’s way better than the Avengers game. It’s legitimately good.

2 Likes

Alright, awesome!

Still need to get myself a PS5, I’m excited to snag Horizon Forbidden West……the first one was really fun

1 Like

To add on - I’ve only played Fallout 3. It took me a good 6-8 hours before I really started enjoying it. Ended up loving it. I haven’t played the other two yet as I just don’t have a ton of time for long story games anymore.

1 Like

Yeah, you really have to power through the opening bit and figure out what you’re doing and how you want to play before it gets good. I had it recommended to me by a good buddy back when it came out. I started it twice and gave up on it both times. Finally gave it one more chance a year after launch and now it is my favorite video game of all time. I put probably 200 hours into it.

3 Likes

How long do you guys think until VR games are legit hard to tell from reality? I’m gonna give it a decade from now

I haven’t dabbled too much with the VR to be honest. Some of the stuff I have done, though, is almost Black Mirror-ish with how easy I find it to be completely immersed in game and how real it all feels. I don’t know if we are a decade away.

The hype is really calmed down so I feel like the development has slowed but I hope in like 10 years I can actually feel like I am James Bond in one moment to feeling like a real life garbage collector in garbage simulator 2032 in the next moment

2 Likes

Well, I can tell you this much, the graphics on the Oculus Quest are terrible. Maybe I was expecting too much from it…? I don’t know. But they’re really bad. It reminds me of when the Wii first came out, and everybody was so excited about wireless controllers, disregarding that the graphics were bad compared to the other consoles at the time.

I think the Quest 2 is cool, but graphically they have a ways to go.

3 Likes

We’ll be playing Ready Player One type stuff in 5 years.

This is the optimism I need

Anyone else ready for Elden Ring?

Wish I had a PS5 to play it on

1 Like