Wait Til ... Next Year?

The freakin’ Big 12 is the defensive basketball league, imagine that. Complete opposite of football.

4 Likes

That’s what I’m talking about. He looks like he has that extra killer instinct trait to be aggressive and get buckets.

2 Likes

I know MAM needs weight but the guy is built like KD. Idk if he ever gets “big” he looked pretty strong going up with the ball and on his drives. Granted he’s playing HS kids but still. He’s bigger than the boons muscle wise coming in

Did I see some stats somewhere showing Big XII as strong to quite strong on D last season actually? Am I making that up?

1 Like

Here are the kenpom stats from that year:

• Baylor: 75
  • Tech: 1st
  • Kansas: 17
  • West Virginia: 135

Kansas state was actually 3rd but on the whole the big 12 is much better this year

I guess I should have said “historically”…

1 Like

I’m at the ready for Twitter mentions tomorrow, upon Moncrieffe’s commitment. Greg Brown will get tagged. :grin:

8 Likes

You’re nothing if not committed. :joy:

2 Likes

Just got caught up on this. My guess for the Day 1 lineup next year is:

Cade
Ice
Keylan
Kalib
Yor

5 Likes

I think MAM is a good possibility at the 3. And I’ll go ahead and say it. I still am leaving about a 20% chance the starting perimeter spots will belong to ICE, CC, and BT. Dominos have to fall first, but if they do I believe Boynton will capitalize. And hey, with the ranking gods slapping our wrestler. They take and they have to give somewhere else. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I may be way off, but if Yor is starting, we are in trouble. I may be blind, but I just can’t see him as a starter.

If we can get MAM and put a little more weight on Kalib, Yor should only be a sub when needed.

I don’t think it’s said enough how incredible PFB has done at covering everything so extensively. Bravo. :+1:

6 Likes

Just burned my hands on my phone reading that hot take. Duke had 3 of the top 5 recruits who would also be top 10 draft picks. And this guy with a really hard name to pronounce and spell.

Neat

This is what we tell each other on my rec league every season as we get throttled.

You can’t be built like KD and be stronger than a single soul, including walkons, on the bench. KD literally couldn’t lift 225 ONCE at the combine. That’s unheard of. MAM is already much thicker and has room to fill out.

Also, mentioning the combine bench press…pretty sure the record is still 27 times. By whom?? The one and only Jason Keep.

3 Likes

I could not be more in on the “yo, Bryce is going to end up at OSU” take. Need it!

8 Likes

Big Dady!

3 Likes

Hate to be a stickler. They do 185 at the nba combine tho. Not 225. Just FYI

1 Like