Week One Grades: OSU Defense Scores High Marks in Missouri State Win

Their are a ton of good coach around that can’t do what u want. It’s not a stillwater or gundy thing its a blue blood thing

Which power 5 coaches are you thinking about Robert?

Gundy could and should recruit better. I agree.

The Mississippi schools that are rarely ranked for the past how many years? Northwestern is either pretty decent or really bad and doesn’t make a bowl, they are very inconsistent. Plus I’m sure NW is more strict about the academics of their atheletes versus pretty much any other university. We will see how KSU recruits with their new coach that isn’t 80 years old. Gary Patterson is similar to Gundy and I think he should be in the top 25ish range most of the time.

Logan u asked about good coach not recruiting in the top 25. All of these fit that question. U personal rating those choices is a laugh. U only look at results. So a guy who finish high every year is a good coach in ur eyes. U dnt understand the difference between a good recruiter and a good coach. So it’s impossible for us to have a serious talk about this topic.

Good coaches that are rarely in the top 25? Makes a lot of sense.

See like I said u can even understand what I’m saying.
If a coach wins that the only thing ur able to look at.
How the coach wins is done in various ways. That the bit u can’t get ur head around.
Ex. Tomato slice just said to day riley us a better recruiter. So not much difference in the last 8 years.
Really riley is going down in results. Since stoops recruited worse with same results most be a better coach.
If u can understand this point the it will help u a lil understanding. But still osu is not a blue blood that’s the biggest issue.

“Riley is going down in results”

What do you mean by that?

Did he make the playoffs in the first 3 years? Did he make it last year?

The lsu game seemed to be in the wrong direction.

Clemson won it in 18
Runner up in 19
Lost in the semis in 20. I guess Dabo is going down too?

Gundy won 10 games in 15,16, & 17. Has not since. Is he going down too?

So Lincoln Riley is going down because he misses the playoffs for the first time in his 4 years as HC & finished #6 in the country. Got it

Losing 3 4th quarter leads showed he had problems last year.
More and more his players .
So yes he will be having miles type of results soon.

Here we go……

Let me ask you this.

Will Lincoln Riley win another Conf championship?

Will Lincoln Riley make another playoff?

Well that went off the rails into about as ignorant response as you could give. Very intelligent, mature conversation big guy.

Those are all certainly facts. However, other facts are also at play.

Much of the success under Gundy occurred after being forced to hire an OC by Boone and Holder. This was something Gundy did not like but it made the program better instantly. That success continued when Gundy made the Monken hire. When it came time, to replace Monken, Gundy decided to go another route and hire MY. If Gundy gets credit for being forced to hire Holgy then he also is accountable for the changes in the oSu offense since 2012.

Fans are not wrong to point out the limitations created by this offense. Fans have seen better and know the difference between what the program was and what it is now.

An easy analogy is Cadillac. Once the best car on the market. Not so much these days. You appear to be saying we should all buy new Cadillacs because the 1952 model was amazing.

Gundy is the GOAT. He was also the right person at the right time.

oSu joined the Big 8 in 1925 and was readmitted in 1960. Big 8 record vs OU (1960-1995) 4-31 .114

oSu joined the Big 12 in 1996. Big 12 record vs OU (1996-2005) 4-5 .444 (Bob Simmons, Les Miles)
Big 12 record vs OU (2005-2020) 2-13 .133 (Mike Gundy)

The Big 12 started in 1996 and anyone can clearly see that was a huge benefit to oSu. Everything from recruiting (Texas schools), athletic budget, coaches salaries, and facilities have continue to get better and better. Only one coach in oSu history has enjoyed the benefits of Holder and Pickens efforts. I am glad to celebrate what Mike Gundy has done for oSu. However, my fandom doesn’t blind me from the reality Gundy’s moves post 2012 haven’t given the result he and the fan base wish. In the face of worse results his reluctance to evolve is reason for concern IMO.

1 Like

Like who? Who did better before Gundy? He can’t keep an OC that’s good for more then a year. And it’s not my fault you can’t face the facts of reality. Bouton had Cunningham, that’s it so far. They guys he’s signed are not 4 or 5 stars. But that’s the point. He and Gundy have done more with less then any school in the country.

Of course you do. But like others you can’t see the reality of what can’t be changed.

7 players on the current basketball roster were either 4 or 5 stars in high school on at least 1 recruiting website according 247. Boynton also has a commitment from a 4 star for 2022 and an 83% crystal ball for 5 star Anthony Black on 247. It’s not just Cunningham.

Oh yea that one year. This whole thing is a pipe dream of a gundy hater. So we never Got good recruits from Texas Prior to the big 12. I took a look at '86 there were 27. Sure we have more now. Also we hard more instate guys that could play. When was the last time a oklahoma kid started at qb. Back in those days there were guys all over the state in town like Cleveland Cushing and Muskogee. It’s the same in wrestling.
On facilities, no one had the facilities 30 years ago.
Schools dropping 1 million every year to redo lockerooms. Game rooms. All the stuff u are crying about is the same deal at every school.