What History Says About OSU's Preseason Coaches Poll Ranking

Never got an answer @ar1

It still doesnā€™t take away the fact on average he isnā€™t a top 25 program.

Oh okay take out his first year ( before facilities were in) and a bunch of thugs we had to get rid of ( which I know you and ar1 are fine with as long as we win) and whatā€™s the average

The problem is if we do take out his first year we donā€™t really know if he would be in the top 25. The problem is in the 4 or 5 seasons he was rated at NR we donā€™t know if he finished 50th or worse. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and gave him a 50th place for all those seasons. For all I know he couldā€™ve been 55th or 59th.

During that time heā€™s gotten 2 5ā˜† from transfer, donā€™t you wish Gundy could get as many 4ā˜† as Boynton gets 5ā˜† . I guess Gundy gets them, itā€™s just more transfer out than stay.

1 Like

Why couldnā€™t those 5 stars hack it in Kansas or Memphis?

Pretty sure taking out his only losing season of his career isnā€™t gonna hurt his average

Why do we want 4 stars they just tranfer outā€‹:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

We want 4 stars, but you gotta play them or they will transfer elsewhere. You forgot we have a coach thatā€™s very consistent in not playing talented players for the sake of seniority and cowboy culture.

Itā€™s weird only non talented 4 stars tranfers. We keep good 4 stars 3tars and walkons.

Research project for you: Here is Bill C.'s S&P+ for all of those years, why donā€™t you use it for an average.

Iā€™m curious what you find. Itā€™s probably more useful than your ā€œI assume we were 50thā€

Thatā€™s fine. So if they are worse than 50th will I get the credit for calling it?

So I went ahead and used a more reliable resource (sports reference) then the crap you sent me. The resource you sent me to only makes teams and coaches look better than they actually are.

So after doing my research I found out that Gundy actually DID WORSE than the average I first gave him the benefit of the doubt for. Instead of 26th he is actually 30th on average. So basically we are paying a coach top 25 pay to just barely even get us in the top 30.

I donā€™t know about you guys but as a fan with a deep loyalty and love for the university, and itā€™s football program we deserve better. How much longer will we tolerate the excuse for failure over nearly the past decade before finally saying enough is enough?

When are we going to stand up and tell Gundy ā€œNo!!! Being consistently average is for losers!!!ā€ How many times will a coach have to prove to use he canā€™t do something before we finally believe it? We donā€™t have to put up with this crap!!!

LOL.

Too bad about you not calling it and not liking that result.

U rite this is a bunch of crap. We need to be inspired to be like Indiana and Mississippi state

How? You gave me a source that didnā€™t dictate the final ranking for a team after the season.

Theyā€™re advanced metric ratings at the end of each season. Give us what you found there.

Iā€™m with u Joey. What does osu salt and pepper prove.
U dnt need metrics u need a matrix. U could be like keenue get in and find out where gundy is really failing this up.

Which 4 stars have transferred and went on to be studs elsewhere?

1 Like