What History Says About OSU's Preseason Coaches Poll Ranking

We got a better budget and finished 30th last year. Money talks

At the end of the day itā€™s the coach that does the recruiting and not the money.

So you just think it works like that huh interesting

I have multiple family members that coach in the college ranks and I can promise you money matters a whole bunch

So does winning more than a bowl of cheez its.

1 Like

Yā€™all contradict yourselves so much, so we need better players it doesnā€™t matter how much money we have to spend and Gundy sucks at life. That pretty much sum it up?

How much is Boynton spending on recruiting? Cause I heard itā€™s not very much.

1 Like

I just want to know where Gundyā€™s money is going that he decided to take a pay cut on? Because that money could go to recruiting.

Heā€™s still the 23rd highest paid coach like you said, and he averages a 26th ranking. So I think it would be fair that he toss it toward recruiting and if he starts doing better then we can convince the boosters heā€™s worth keeping around.

Yea and how many commitments has he gotten the last year and a half

I completely agree with this.

1 Like

But Gundy isnā€™t the one deciding where his pay cut goes. Iā€™m sure itā€™s helping pay for a non revenue coaches salary

He has enough power to dictate where it goes.

Well you gotta remember how hard our revenue was hit last season with covid, he may not have as much power as we think when it comes to that, but Iā€™m all for pumping more money into the budget

No less miles made us relevant

1 Like

According to this, we have been the 16th best program over the last decade Ranking college footballā€™s top 25 programs of the past 10 years | Sporting News

2 Likes

But we have tasted a conference championship and sniffed a national title so expectations go up. Itā€™s life. Thatā€™s why he gets paid millions of dollars. He needed to feed the monster and he has failed. Itā€™s sports man.

1 Like

Oh lord

So you mean we arenā€™t a top 10 winning program over the past decade then? Thanks for educating the ones who claimed we were.

Pretty sure itā€™s a fact we are top ten in wins

1 Like

And 16th best for 23rd highest paid coach? Thatā€™ll do