What I Learned from Sharing that Mike Gundy Photo and How it Changed My Career

I’m really curious about this “grossly grotesque BML” thing. Big Meaty Lasagna? Blue Man Lovers? Boys Milking Llamas?

I’m the American killer but you’re the one stanning a treasonous regime that killed Americans on behalf of the idea it was good to own other Americans. Sorry your ideology is must worse than the one you incorrectly believe I hold.

Do you know anything about BLM?

Neat. If you really want to affect something… stop paying. I bet you won’t.

Go south… did it again. Big dog you don’t scare anyone.

Why would anyone want to remember those years? :joy: idk why you think this is such a cool deal to say. “I was there when we sucked!!” Okay dude.

Obviously. which leads in to why in the world do you think it would be in this blogs best interest to want Gundy fired? That’s ignorant.

And someone will take their place.

Gundy isn’t getting fired though, clearly.

1 Like

Interesting take, did you learn to spell yet? :joy:

[Off topic and might be removed]

Yes, my son is part of the BLM peaceful protest in Oklahoma. I don’t mind a peaceful protest and I think it’s a great idea. They protest victims of wrongful deaths. But one thing they don’t do…is remove or cancel anything. They don’t burn any buildings or anything violent. They use “education” to help inform people on the wrongful deaths caused by the police departments around the US. I believe in the 80/20 rule. I think 80% of cops are great and 20% (maybe less) have bad intentions.

But unlike Chuba, if my son has a problem with something … he comes to me or his mother first…instead on going to Freakin’ facebook…

How is showing patriotism and love for your country political? Singing the national anthem and recognizing troops is just showing patriotism. It shouldn’t matter rather your conservative or liberal we should all be able to stand together and sing the national anthem and agree this is the greatest country on earth. You’ve just made a more serious point than you realize, people in this country have tricked you and millions of others into thinking showing patriotism and love for your country is political and wrong, it’s only wrong if you despise the country and want something new to take its place.

2 Likes

AMEN.

The people complaining about the blog being too political are the conservative readers. Boone and Porter obviously lean (way?) left, and that has spilled over in their coverage, at the expense of a popular coach. I am not sure how you would like people to express displeasure with politically slanted coverage without making “overtly political statements.” PFB’s coverage sets the dialogue. Political coverage invites political reactions.

Boone absolutely wants Gundy fired. I think Gundy reminds him of the guys who bullied him in high school.

Cancel culture does not require that a person be fired or jailed for their political beliefs. I am not sure where you got that. The message was very clear to Gundy that if he continues to embrace mainstream conservative views, serious consequences will follow. At its core, cancel culture stems from a very liberal and vocal minority’s ability to inflict pain on people who disagree with them.

1 Like

What does cancel culture require? It sounds like you just want conservatives to not be criticized.

1 Like

Cancel Culture requires change or else. Unfortunately Gundy chose to be a coward and change.

Great logic, great comment.

I mean it seems like things NEEDED to change. :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Or else being fired?

This video from NY Times explains it.

Basically, this has happened to many comedians, movies, comics, artist, musicians, coaches, and all the like. Both Dems and Reps have suffered…most recent was Jimmy Kimmel.

By this logic, we could ask for Kentucky Adolph Rupp or Alabama’s Bear Bryant be removed because they didn’t play black players when other schools were at the time. Also Darrell Royal of Texas could be removed for the same reason as well. See how down the well you can go with this thought pattern??

The SJW’s are looking on old tweets or videos. It is a power play by the progressive left to remove individuals of power. It attacks our first amendment rights.

Reminds me of this old South Park click before Cancel Culture was all the rage:
South Park Elementary Happy, Non-Offensive, Non-Denominational Christmas Play

So you believe a player should be able to tell a coach what he can wear where he can get his news and where he has to stand politically?

1 Like

I believe he should have the right to be able to say something. Sure.

I bleed orange the same as you. I dang well REMEMBER 0-10-1. And I remember Rustoleum Stadium and never going to bowl games. And everything else you can think of. I do know how bad we had it. And I recognize that Gundy is the best who’s ever done it at Oklahoma State. But I can see the benefit to what Boone did. Gundy DOES need to be held accountable for his words and actions similar to his players. In a leadership position on a college campus, you shouldn’t flaunt your politics whether its the left or right side. And Gundy has done it multiple times. I can tell you that Gundy’s being distanced from his players is easier to fix than that 2-13 Bedlam record you seem to be ok with. And I have a much bigger problem with that than Boone inadvertently calling Gundy out.

3 Likes

I will say if Gundy didn’t negotiate a strong buy out he would have been fired. What I learned form this was Gundy isn’t nearly as beloved within oSu as I expected.

You are not comprehending the effect of the OAN press conference comments IMO. Gundy made this an issue for no other reason to complain about how a world wide pandemic was impacting his life personally. Same guy who made insults and fart noises when faced with the reality that oSu fans were upset with his teams performance last season. Hope you can see the irony. I also hope you can see how Gundy put himself and oSu in a position to be embarrassed in multiple ways.

First, his uninformed review of OAN.

Second, calling for the return of his staff and players despite conflicting with Big 12 policies.

Third, his greater concern for the financial impact of Covid than player health.

If you think a coach who makes these mistakes isn’t going to have that picture found without Kyle then we disagree. Gundy has more media foes as a result of his actions and that has nothing to do with Mr. Boone.

2 Likes