What Mike Gundy Said Monday in His Week 4 Radio Show

One thing that is mainly different is size of players.
Back in the 90’s they made a big deal about Nebraska have tge whole line over 300 pounds.
It’s the same on the other side of the ball. It adds up after 200 or 300 hundred carries.

Well, look, I guarantee players from Payton’s and Sanders’s eras were playing through pain. It was just expected.

Bad luck happens, too. I believe two or three of the injuries were hand injuries. Injuring your hand has little to do with conditioning.

Yea there r no jack Youngblood out here.

That is the first thing I have been thinking about the reason for some of the rash of injuries. The size of these players is enormous. That is why I think it is just a matter of time before our QB goes down again with an injury.
I remember my freshman year at OSU when I was living in W. Bennett Hall and the bus carrying the Colorado football team arrived in front of Gallagher Hall and I saw those players get off the bus and just could not believe how huge they were, especially compared to most of the guys for OSU. Corn fed beef!

If the truth causes you misery then maybe you should be on my side.

1 Like

I think Jake would go to the doctor to clear up what is speading ur misery. U know they have a cream for that.

Don’t be sad. You need to get glad. You can’t get upset and reply a million times when something hurtful is said to you. Just makes you look desperate.

Yea Joey. I’m a good person I’m trying to help u. It’s sad u can’t seek help.

Your desperate. You get afraid that someone is going to make you look stupid, and then you follow it up with two or three tantrums that make no sense followed by you feeling like you won an argument. That’s what a loser does.

Joey that is ur description to a tee. I’m not the one repeating everything I think is a good point. Heads up u never have good points.

Well, the truth is that no one likes whining which is what your incessant complaining amounts to. You say the same handful of comments 500 times. It’s old and everyone’s heard it. Say something new.

Your calling Klieman stupid for going for two when he’s up 12-0 and don’t say a word about Gundy going for two in Bedlam 2018 instead of tying the game. Doesn’t make any sense.

Oh okay. How about this? I think we need to find a QB that doesn’t throw the ball to the other team. So who will that be?

I dunno. I was high on Illingworth as an option, but now I’m not so sure. Gunnar? Rangel?

See what happens when you have a former college QB and NFL QB in charge of the kid and wonder why he sucks after three years on campus?

1 Like

What does this even mean? Are you saying he’s just not talented?

What I’m saying is that everyone is b*tching about Sanders, and rightly so. You have to consider at the same time though he’s had the same head coach (Mike Gundy) who is a former college QB.

Then you have Tim Rattay who had the spring, fall, and season of 2020 to work with Sanders. He’s also had the spring and fall of this year. So why does Sanders still suck?

I can understand blaming Sanders for some things, but I also keep in the back of my mind he’s had a head coach that hasn’t taught him a thing in three years, and it’s almost like his QB coach is sitting back and collecting a paycheck while watching Sanders throw another touchdown pass to the other team.

If your going to blame Sanders for stuff then you better be willing to hold the coaches accountable for his development as a college QB too.

1 Like

His best game Oregon State. Mentioned in every podcast.

1 Like

We have a coach that’s spent so much time focused on trying to run the ball behind a shoddy offensive line it’s almost like he’s forgotten he has a QB too.

How about spending some time on his development? So that way when the other team loads the box to stop the run you have a QB that’s half-a55 competent enough to move the ball through the air?

Then you won’t be forced to run the ball because the QB will be good enough to hit the backside of a barn? Wow!! What a novel concept!!!

1 Like

Why? Maybe he’s not coachable. Maybe he’s not smart enough. Maybe he’s struggled with injuries and COVID and changing OCs. Jumping to “this is a coaching failure” seems odd since Gundy has coached great college QBs and he’s had mediocre talents that have played excellently like Clint Chelf and Walsh.

Rattay, maybe, I don’t know. There’s less history there, but it’s probably early to say he’s garbage. You have a one-track mind and just want to pigeonhole everything into your preconceived notions. Sanders just may not be as talented as we had hoped.