What’s your greatest in person moment as an OSU fan?

Those are two good ones. I was there for both of those as well.

3 Likes

That’s why Country had back problems?? :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Definitely watching us win Bedlam 2021. Coming back from a 9 point deficit, it being my first Bedlam win in person and then rushing the field right after it was definitely the best game I’ve been to.

6 Likes

Yessir! Pretty sure it was my roommate Dan who “played” him. Maybe Mike. I’m old and I drink so my memory is VERY fuzzy!!
So many great memories of being in the first couple of rows of every home game. GIA holds a special place in my heart!!!
Also, being in Norman for Fields to Woods & the next year in Stillwater (Rashaun is STILL open!!!) Were pretty great too!!

1 Like

Bedlam 2011 is big for me. Was there in person and got to see it with my dad, who has seen so many bedlam disappointments. The look on his face as we “beat those ■■■■ tea sippers” will stick with me for ever.

1 Like

Has to be a split between 2011 and 2021 Fiesta Bowls for me since I was at both of them.

But I have to say, the Cactus Bowl was a ton of fun. Not as epic as the Fiestas…

2 Likes

I couldn’t remember if it was Dan or Mike. It felt like a thing Mike would try and do, but Dan was crazy enough to try it too. I remember yelling at that Croatian dude and his tall white socks for the entire game.

1 Like

Bedlam football 2021. Nothing will compare. I stormed the field, got great video of the SEC chants, pics with Jaylen and Tanner…met up with some friends from my hometown just randomly, had my kiddo and a lot of fam there too. Took my boy to the Strip after the game, he got to play catch with a couple of nice college kids outside of Murphy’s….just so special. And to top it off, as I was taking my nephew to meet Bullet, I met the young legend @SherlockOhms. I remember standing in awe on the field thinking, “This is what it feels like….FINALLY!!!”

2 Likes

Happy for you!! I know the feeling!

2 Likes

lol

2 Likes

Wasn’t an event but as a high school jr I met my brother there to spend the weekend. Back then he lived in Bennett hall with the athletes, so I spend a night with him and Utake and a football player drinking beer until I got sick :joy::joy:. I was hooked after that :cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

The Houston Bowl, 2002.

A lot of people say the Missouri game in 2008 was a program shifter, but the Houston Bowl was that, for me. And it was my first bowl game, so getting the nice bowl tickets and everything was cool.

1 Like

I’m not sure if it’s my favorite, but right up there is OSU vs Pitt in the Ford Center in 2006. Double OT thriller with Boggan going off!

4 Likes

The All-College Classic used to be a banger every year.

5 Likes

October 23, 1976 Bedlam in Norman. Senior year at OSU and at the game with my fiancée. We were sitting high up in the end zone, of course. On the third play, Terry Miller took off on a 72 yard TD run - right to us. Best part was walking back to the car amongst all gooner fans. Priceless.

7 Likes

So I will add another awesome win. In the Final Four year we hosted KU when they were #3 or #4 and we were #7 I think. Both top ten. It was a Big Monday game, we won and I got to meet Dickie V.

6 Likes

14 Likes

Still look the same I bet

There are so many moments to choose from.
The greatest moment in football-- the '84 Gator Bowl. What a great win. Dad & I drove from Stillwater to Jacksonville. First trip ever to Florida. Ended in a victory over a good South Carolina team.

Basketball was the 1986 win over the sooners in Paul Hanson’s last home game. We had not beaten them in the 5 years since we had moved to Stillwater. That night, when I first walked into the arena, you could feel the electricity. I knew we were going to win, and we did.

I’m going to add one more. In baseball, I was there for the “Bedlam brawl.” We kicked their tails on the field and on the scoreboard in a great comeback.

1 Like

Great list. Watching the 84 Gator Bowl on TV in Stillwater is on my list of great TV moments as a fan. And I remember being there for Hansen’s last game and storming the court. Honestly, I forgot it was a win against Oklahoma.