What’s your greatest in person moment as an OSU fan?

You or anyone else know where any video highlights of that 86 Bedlam basketball game are? I’ve done a few searches and come up empty.

I have searched for that 1986 game too but no luck. I thought OSU Max might have it but they don’t go back that far.
They did have the highlights of the 1989 Bedlam game. That was the game in which they came in at #1 with Stacey King and Mookie and all those guys, and we beat them.

Any O’Colly folks on this thread who can search OSU archives at least for a write-up link? @marshall any contacts?

1 Like

Could probably just DM Chris Becker on Twitter, and he could find someone for it. He’s a nice guy.

6 Likes

I did DM him. He is going to try to find something! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll go with something different since 2011 and 2021 are fairly popular here already… 2018 homecoming vs Texas. Coming off 2 bad losses and the season felt like it was completely slipping away. Texas comes to town ranked number 6. We manage to squeak out a win.

That was awesome, but what puts it over the top is when we were walking down out of the stands. Me and my girlfriend get on the escalator right in front of a couple people who just came down out of the suites elevator. I kind of glance behind me and then say to my girlfriend “Barry freaking Sanders is right behind me.” He was the grand marshal for homecoming and somehow ended up right behind us on the escalator out. I turned around and asked if I could shake his hand and what his thoughts were from that game. He acted like he was about to talk to for 5 minutes then just said “I don’t know where that team has been all year, but I’m just happy we pulled it out.” I’ll never forget that!

Although not really football related at all but when I was a student I was working a game for a club I was in. We were working the suites and I rode the elevator up with Boone and Burns. Just a little small talk, they were mostly talking with each other. Shaking Barry’s hand tops that for me personally though.

5 Likes

My senior year in hs me and a few teammates got to go in locker room after we beat KSU in 2003. Met Barry Sanders in there and got his autograph on my shirt. Pretty cool.

Side story - I’m from Booker t and when he awakes where we were from and we told him he then asked about “the kid from McLain” who was Prentiss Elliott who was standing there with us. He was absolutely star struck. Barry then said “Melvin Gilliam told me about you” It was really cool. So sad how PE’s career turned out

Not so fun fact - flipped my mom’s Isuzu Rodeo on the turnpike on the drive home. Amazingly all 5 of us walked away with no injuries

5 Likes

At the time, Gundy said PE was the best athlete they had. Really sad that he couldn’t stay out of trouble and on the field.

After college I played in a flag football league, PE and played in it and he roasted everyone.

This reminds me, the KSU game in 2011 was ELITE. Packed house. Traded scores all night long. Ton of huge plays. Made a goal line stand at the end to win in which KSU said they would have gone for two had they gotten it. Kirk herbstreit’s eyes as the stadium shook from the massive earthquake at the end. Just all around one of the easily forgotten but more iconic games in BPS history. Such a fun night.

3 Likes

I was five years old in 2002 when we beat OU 38-28. Back then, my family sat right behind the OL bench and I vividly remember (I was five) one of the coaches coming back screaming “All f-n day!” after one of the many Fields -> Woods scores. Stormed the field on my dad‘s shoulders and then played catch on the field with our family friends in the endzone. Got a few wristbands from some of the players too. Oddly remember it being like the perfect weather for football.

Honorable mention: Trae Young vs Big Mitch Solomon, 2015 vs TCU, and the OT win @ Texas in 2017.

Was in Lawrence for when OSU basketball upset KU in 2018. One of my favorite all time OSU memories, my buddy and I were in the middle of season ticket holders who were unbelievably annoyed with us.

3 Likes

I had some Booker T. friends at OSU during those years, we might have some mutual friends.

1 Like

Nice. Graduated in 2004, you?

Fall 2004. Went to a wedding for one of them, actually, right after I graduated.

@TheHeadChimp had his greatest OSU experience waving at me at a basketball game

The great moments like above help me come back after the game last night. Makes you question why you drive on snow packed roads and get back after midnight. The life of an OSU fan is tough sometimes

4 Likes