What type of phone do you have?

I’m hopeful the price comes down and they catch up with the other specs. I think it looks so cool.

2 Likes

Ok, #oldest story. When my mom was pregnant with my sister, I was taught to climb up on the stool, take the receiver off the hook, turn the crank, and say “I want to speak to my Daddy” into the mouthpiece.

3 Likes

That’s a cool story.
My mom has told me about their crank phone and party lines . Having nosy neighbors listen in on your business or chatterbox neighbors that would hog the line for an hour .

We were in town at that time, but my cousins in the country had party lines until sometime in the 1970s.

3 Likes

That’s so cool.

1 Like

They didn’t think so!

(Also, we left Ryan for Ardmore in 1959)

I owned that particular model at one point in time.

I had one until my last company said I couldn’t a couple years ago

3 Likes

I sorta miss the old flip phones. Sometimes I feel like it’d be freeing to not have a smartphone with me all the time.

2 Likes

It would be nice to have one that only supports Messaging, Maps, and Music/Podcasts.

3 Likes

I would need a PFB+ app, though. :rofl:

1 Like

:raising_hand_man:You can use a smartphone for that.

I’m with you but I’d need some stellar lenses attached to it. If I could get those things you mentioned in addition to camera specs like this I’d be perfectly happy with ‘basic’.

Edit: That particular camera isn’t all that great, but conceptually it has all the hardware needed (actually more than) to take stellar photos.

Yeah, I should have added a good camera as well. I still want the social media likes, I just want to better control when I get them.

That and the Nokia 9 taught my I have trypophobia. They just make me super uncomfortable to look at.

1 Like

Lol, bring on the irregular patterns if it makes my captured memories look great.

1 Like

I’ve heard of people disabling Safari on their iPhone via the parental controls so that they have a phone with all the the messaging and camera and all that but they don’t have the entire universe in their pocket wherever they go. I’ve thought about doing that before.

3 Likes