What was the craziest night you ever had in Stillwater?

Manhattan, Kansas creates wilder stories than the Las Vegas Strip. That town is deadly.

6 Likes

Oh man. Hard to choose, but probably Aug 2015 with @jonjester and a few others (sorry for the call-out!). Me and the boys had been all been on the wagon for a while due to some health concerns with our favorite brand. School had just returned and were just dying for a pint of something good. We had just uploaded the latest roster patch for NCAA football and started a shared dynasty, when we all got to jonesing for a fix at the same time. We all walked down to that Valero by McDonalds. Dude who worked there was chill and never bothered to id us (we were all over age anyways, but still cool dude). Took our goods back to the room, fired up the dynasty, started recruiting and setting up depth charts, and partaking in our respective favorites. @jonjester got some Buttered Pecanā„¢, our buddy Sam got vanilla, and I went with the classic Blue Bell Cookie Two Stepā„¢ - a delicious natural vanilla flavored base with just a hint of brown sugar. Mixed in are cookie dough chunks and bits of unbranded Oreo cookies. We stayed up tillā€¦dangā€¦probably 12:15am before shutting down the 'Box, reading a bit, and heading to bed. Talk about a rough morning the next dayā€¦

6 Likes

We lived completely different college livesā€¦

8 Likes

On a school night too!! Man, great mem.

So if Iā€™m reading this correctly, you went on an ice cream bender?

Yup. This reminds me of the seat at a table in our house that was directly positioned in front of a mirror. So when we all played any card game, the guest could never figure out why they lost all the time.

1 Like

So when are we hanging out?

2 Likes

This. All of this.

2 Likes

Two Words: Case Race.
(Teams of two down 30 packs of Keystone in a race against other teams, for bragging rights. You puke at any time of the night, you lose. Winning times were typically less than 2 hours. My liver is in pain just reminiscing of this dumbass game.)

Another Two Words: Bar Golf.
(Nine bars are selected in Stilly, mostly if not exclusively up and down the Strip. Each bar has a drink on a scorecard in which stronger drinks allow you to score Par or Birdie, weaker drinks result in a Bogey, water is a Double Bogey or worse. I think my record best round was 5-under.)

2 Likes

Aggieville is NO JOKE.

1 Like

All of our craziest nights in Stillwater start and end with Calf Fry. Not that other nights werenā€™t wild, but Calf Fry was a special breed of stupid for us. One of our buddies was a distance runner and had a bad blackout habit of just taking off. His phone died. We lost him at the Weed. We followed clues and found enough friends that had seen him periodically to find out that this man had taken his shirt off and run back to campus where he stopped a guy from stealing a bike from a bike rack outside of Kerr.

Calf fry was fun the first two times. My Junior and senior year it wasā€¦ well, lame. Same artists, etc.

1 Like

I donā€™t mind seeing the same artists almost every year if youā€™re bringing in the best. Turnpike could play every year and I would never complain.

cries into morning coffee

2 Likes

See that was part of it. If it was Turnpike and Whiskey Myers and people like that, Iā€™d be in every time. But it was Josh Abbott, Randy Rogers, Eli Young band and Casey Donahew, every single time. Which are greatā€¦ once. They didnā€™t even change their sets. :joy:

1 Like

Without completely derailing the thread into Calf Fry chatter, some of the repeats are what caused some of the wild nights. Who cares if I miss JAB for the 8th time.

2 Likes

Youā€™ve got a very good point there.

So back in the day, you had to byob to tumbleweed and they sold you set ups and mixers. So me and several friends finish our finals on Thursday and decide weā€™re going to have a blow out Thursday night. So I bought a half gallon of Canadian mist for the occasion. I think it was like 12 bucks.

Before we even get to evening people started bailing. Some had opportunities to work back home and some had girl issues. So we get to tumbleweed and there are five of us including my buddy Duaneā€™s wife. Before the evening got too deep we started to lose people to various other things. Around midnight there was just me and Duane. So thereā€™s maybe about 30% of this Canadian mist left and Duane spins the top off (it goes bounding across the bar) and says ā€œwell I guess we have to finish it nowā€. We are already pretty hammered so we just start turning it up until it was empty.

By this time we are way far gone, but as you probably understand, the worst is yet to come as the stuff in our stomachs had yet to be metabolized. Any way ā€¦ Duaneā€™s wife takes their car and goes to the grocery store to buy stuff to make us breakfast and Duane and I pile into my pickup and we head to his place - They had a trailer in of those parks on 51 - east side of town. Well first of all ā€¦ weā€™re blind drunk. Duane has taken a dip of Copenhagen and (I find out the next day) is spitting on a closed window that he evidently thought was open. We go across that one lane bridge south of boomer and backroad to his place. By some miracle we make it without wrecking or getting arrested (not proud of this).

This is where it turns into a John Wayne movie (McClintock). Weā€™re so destroyed that we canā€™t make it up the stairs into the trailer. We get up a distance and fall backwards down the steps. I can only guess how many times by the cuts bumps and bruises Iā€™m covered in the next day. We busted all the skirting out on that side of the trailer and put a huge dent in the side of my pickup when we tumbled into it.

Duaneā€™s wife finally gets there and is able to get us up into the trailer ā€¦ where we promptly fall asleep on the carpet. I wake up at daybreak soaking wet. Duane has puked all over us in the night. I check to make certain Duane is alive, write them a quick note, find my keys and head home to shower and sleep.

It honest to god took me a week to feel good again. I still canā€™t smell Canadian mist to this day.

3 Likes

I never went to that.

That might have to be posted in the unpopular opinion threadā€¦

1 Like

It was wildly overrated in my opinion.

1 Like

Also: Never went to the Tumbleweed. Except to drop off my girlfriend for some little country show. :nauseated_face: