What was the craziest night you ever had in Stillwater?

The experience around Calf Fry (mainly just skipping class on Thursday and Friday to day drink) was always much better than actual Calf Fry for me.

1 Like

Calf Fry is great for the ridiculousness and the people it brings to town. When I worked in Kansas, guys in their late 20s would take time off of work to go to Calf Fry. I just don’t understand but each either own.

1 Like

watch it be Turnpike. If it was… them’s fightin words.

Was there from '03-'07. The weed used to be penny beer til midnight on thursdays and if you went before 9 oclock it was a 5 dollar cover charge. So the thought of a bunch of dudes getting wrecked for less than 6 bucks just seemed like a great idea. We get there at 9 and our the only people at the weed for quite a while, yet we are chugging brews for a penny a pop. As some of you may know the weed didnt really jump off till around midnight. We had been there alone basically for 3 hours essentially drinking for free when the place started to fill up. A girl that was in my department and i wound later being engaged too saw me before i got kicked out and said i threw up on her and all over the side door that faced south from tremors. Stumble to parking lot where i am puking my guts up and a bouncer walks over and draws an x on my hand and says “your done”, shoves me in one of those “free ride” Astro Vans that they used to have… Free ride takes me back to The Terrace at 818 North Husband St. Get out, go up to apartment, open door and blackout as soon as the door closes behind me, fully clothed. wake up about 5 oclock that morning with nothing but my boxers and Doc Martins on and they were fully laced up. Stumble to bathroom for round 3 of puking. Puke so hard that I shat on myself. Took a shower, skipped fridays class because after the defacation incident i slept for 12 hours straight.

4 Likes

Why do hardly any of these “crazy” nights sound fun? :joy: :joy:

4 Likes

Appreciate the brutal honesty. This is content you just can’t get anywhere else! :laughing:

1 Like

I can’t read any more because I am laughing so hard :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

Well the title of the thread certainly isn’t “most fun nights in Stillwater”… :joy:

The worst part was I drove home Friday. We had gotten a pretty good snow and dad wanted us to get out and throw hay to the cattle. He took one look at me and said “you did something stupid last night - didn’t you?” I was so sore I could barely lift a bale into or out of the pickup. Got back to the house after and went straight to bed. Dad woke me at 5 am and said “you’re not getting off that easy”.

4 Likes

Been there, done that, got the dirty t-shirt

4 Likes

Gotta wait till statue of limitations are up before I can share…

1 Like

There was one night in 16 my friends and I went to every bar on the strip and ended at outlaws. By the time we got there I was so drunk they kept trying to get me to leave. Well I wouldn’t cause I found a blonde that told me her Dad just left and gave her $500 for the night to spend at the bars (she had me right where she wanted me). We end up staying until my friends literally drag me out of the bar as I’m screaming let me go home with her. I may have been saying another term but we will keep it PG. Anyways I’m so distraught they end up telling me she has an STD cause our friend go one from her. Immediately they said I acted like someone had just shot my dog pouting. So they tell me we are going to get a dirty Curty. Well me and another buddy start playing jump rope with his now wife with the chain outside of Willies. That didn’t end well for her BTW.

Eventually they get me my food and say we are going home. Immediately I take off like Forrest Gump and hide. I sneaked across the fence at Murphy’s and sent a picture and said if you can find and catch me you can take me home. They spilt up and start searching for me. Well a few find me but don’t get ahold of me. I hid in every bar. Eventually someone told them I was in the Penny. So they tried to catch me and I ran out and down the street like a new born giraffe. Only cause I saw the video. I ended up getting lost in Stillwater and made it to Teal Ridge thinking that’s where they lived. I was betting on a door but no one was answering so I FaceTimed them and told them to let me in. They were still at the bars looking for me. So they went home, they lived in White Barn and I was no where to be found. They ended up tracking me cause I wasn’t answering and found me with no shirt or shoes on passed out in a random truck bed in Teal Ridge.

1 Like

Now THIS sounds fun. Brumley with the win!

1 Like

So, I don’t know if this counts or not.

I’m a pretty straight-laced guy. I drink now but I hardly ever had alcohol in college and I never had beer in college. It was Friday night of finals week so all the tests are done. I was with my girlfriend (now wife) and another couple and I was the DD. We go to a couple places on the strip and they all drink.

After hitting the bars we’re headed to another friends house. I’m driving through campus on Monroe street (not a smart move with campus police out and about anyway) and I get pulled over by two campus police. It turns out I have a taillight out in my car. No big deal, but they are convinced that I have alcohol on my breath for some reason, and they think my car smells like pot (none of us smoke pot now or at that time).

They separate me from everyone else and they keep badgering my girlfriend about how many drinks I’ve had, and she has to keep insisting that I have had ZERO alcohol. They search my car for pot; the only thing I can think of is I had some air freshener that had a somewhat sweet smell. One cop was cool but another one was asking all these details about where we’re going and who we’re going to see and all this other stuff he had no business asking. This whole ordeal takes 30 to 45 minutes. I ended up just getting a ticket for having a taillight out and not having up to date insurance, which I got taken off after getting both taken care of a few days later. So, in my view it was kind of a waste of time to draw the whole thing out with a pretty clean cut student when there were probably actual drunk drivers out and about.

So that’s it; a minor kerfuffle with the law and a few seeds of distrust planted in my mind toward police that would grow later (I respect the job they do but I don’t unconditionally “back the blue” any time there is a conflict between civilians and cops).

Four years in Stillwater, in a fraternity, and I never went to Calf Fry.

2 Likes

2011 Bedlam. I didn’t party that night (too young), but the atmosphere at the game was one I’ll never forget. I’ve never had so much fun watching football.

Party-wise I never did anything too crazy, but for my 21st birthday my sister took my to The Strip with her friends on a Thursday night because I was the oldest in my friend group and no one could go. I drank a lot that night. I remember I had class with Manzer the next morning and I was still definitely not 100% for the class either. A month later a couple of a guys stopped me in the Union and asked me if I remembered them and I had no idea who they were. Apparently they were some of my sister’s friends that met up with us later that night for my 21st, but I drank so much I had no recollection of them.

1 Like

Not sure how proud I am of this, but I don’t remember walking into the stadium before last year’s primetime home game against Texas (the Taylor Cornelius game). I quickly gained my senses and enjoyed the rest of the game, but man, it was absolutely gorgeous that day and Miller Lite paired with the weather made for a potent combination.

7 Likes

I was hopeful for a great story after reading this…

3 Likes

:man_shrugging:t3: Wasn’t much of a partier. Saw my fair share of altercations at Murphy’s and the Dirty Curty line though.

1 Like

Some of you are making me feel guilty about the extent of some of my escapades…

Just kidding, it was mostly fun! Except for that time I nearly drowned in Theta pond (was actually sober for this one), or the time my recently married wife found a very drunk me with a girl under each arm at a party, or that time we had a drunk scavenger hunt around Stillwater and I somehow ended up with panties on my head walking through Walmart, or the night that the bus driver we hired to take all of back and forth to our fraternity party got pulled over for DUI (I mean he was the DD for the whole freaking house basically!) and then Cross Canadian Ragweed drank all of our beer along with the few guys that got stranded at the party…

3 Likes