What Would the Big 12 Look like without Oklahoma and Texas?

Dude, the SEC will welcome both OU & Texas with open arms. The powers that be who are running the current universities are not fans like you and me are. Theyre not voting based on whether it will hurt their W-L record. Theyre voting on “will adding these 2 teams help make us more money?” The answer is a resounding YES. The ONLY program/university that may still vote against adding OU & Texas would be possibly A&M. The other teams will not vote against this. “The league leader in National Championships”…that argument will not come up one time in this thing. No one cares about the secondary sports. Look at Kansas and Baylor. KU is one of the most traditional/best basketball programs in the country. Baylor just won the Nat title in March. NO ONE IS COMING TO INVITE THEM ANYWHERE. Why? Because their football program isnt adding any $$ to the other Conf pockets. Go do a little research on what funds ALL of these university athletic budgets. Its football. That is why OU and Texas will be welcomed with open arms to the SEC without any hesitation. Its also why OSU and the other schools in the Big 12 are so livid about those 2 leaving the Conf

Things I’ve noticed,
#29 Kansas State

Revenues ($) for #39 Kansas is higher than #30 OSU.

So I guess this means K State is a little more valuable than OSU and Kansas is just a little behind but with Revenues ($) could soon be more valuable than OSU.

Let’s go for it……

WEST: USC, OREGON, UCLA, TT, AU, ASU, OSU, COLORADO

EAST: KSU, WV, BAYLOR, TCU, ISU, FSU, CLEMSON, MEMPHIS

You cannot logically have a Conf that consists of teams FROM EVERY SINGLE TIME ZONE. That will not work.

3 Likes

I checked other year there all over the place. I think there using different matrix.
I do know in 2020 we made 95 million. In revenue.
I say won the had ku quite a bit higher then us.
I dnt know what they are basing this on but it’s not revenue.

Few random thoughts: Good riddance to OU and Texas if they bolt for the SEC. The powers that be at Oklahoma State may be upset, but I’m not. Here’s why. We should have done what Texas A n M did years ago. We should have gone to the Pac 12 when conference realignment first started up. I know I will get roasted for some takes but so be it. If the Bedlam rivalry ended today, I’d be okay with it. I hate losing more than I love winning. As fun as owning the Goons in most sports is, it will never equate to the fact that they own us in football. Ever. If we don’t go to another P-5 conference, then work with the rest of the teams left in the B12 and expand. I’ll have to think about my suggestions for who I would add.

Popsicle you don’t have to play teams from West or East. Give me the two region winners, play conf region champ at end of season - 7 games. Fill rest of sched with puffs. There are other ways to set up schedule where you don’t play across 2 or more time zones.

Ok that sounds really odd……yet doable I guess for Football. So then how do you do the other sports? All other sports are played at some point during the week. How do you manage that when your Conf goes from Washington state, to Texas, to Florida?

Pick up 8 schools and create a 16 team 4 division conference. Based on this we have 4 Top 25 in football, and 7 NCAA Tourney teams in 2020…in fact based on this, the worse division in football is the Texas schools.

East: Cincy, Memphis, UCF, WVU
North: OSU,Kan,KSU, IowaSt
South: Bay, TT, TCU, Houston
West: BYU, UNLV, CSU, Boise

2 Likes

Regardless of which teams mix and match, the Big 12 will look like paradise for us without OU and Texas. From this point forward, those 2 programs can’t destroy our season anymore, regardless of sport.

yea you have a good point, a restructured big 12 would allow OSU to dominate, that would be fun i guess. I’m all in as long as the money is there to support OSU’s athletic programs, we have a shot at the CFP and recruiting doesn’t tank to Div II levels.

EnormousBouncyEuropeanpolecat-size_restricted

1 Like