When it Comes to Dissatisfaction With Mike Gundy, Be Careful What You Wish For

Well, I still think Chuba was wrong and Gumby was wrong for apologizing.

Wait, didn’t @kyleboone try to get Gundy cancelled over a t-shirt?

1 Like

That’s exactly what happened @jp27! Nailed it!

Why did you report it? Why did you think it was newsworthy?

1 Like

Because it was … newsworthy. Otherwise it (probably!) wouldn’t have become a national story, dontcha think? If it isn’t newsworthy, by the way, then why are the only comments you’ve made on the forum the last six months related to the story?

The only questions I would ask is, what do you think OANN is and who do you think watches it?

That’s the only questions I’ve had through this whole process.

3 Likes

It only made the national news because the leftist media doesn’t like OANN. If he was wearing a CNN shirt, nothing would be said despite the misinformation they have spread on their network. I have focused on this issue, because it was unfair to Gundy and I haven’t seen any sort of apology from PFB.

4 Likes

Boone and Porter both explained their reasons for running it months ago. Both also said they probably could have done things differently. I’d take it as an apology.

So when you see a OANN tee shirt, do you think white supremacist or racist? The little gal who showed up at Trump’s rally in Tulsa wearing the OSU shirt, didn’t look like either one to me.

1 Like

Was that on a podcast? Do you have a link?

1 Like

No link, but I can remember a couple of articles.

If it “probably” wouldn’t have become a national story then how can you say it was newsworthy before you reported it? Don’t most stories garner attention and conversation first, deeming them newsworthy, and then they’re reported? If I’m reading your words correctly you’re saying if you wouldn’t have reported it, it wouldn’t have been reported by any other outlets and practically would have gone unnoticed.

That’s probably not true though. Thayer Evans probably would have picked it up if you hadn’t.

If you want Gundy gone for his lack of recruiting and coaching that’s fine. You should really leave his political affiliation out of it as long as he doesn’t impress own political will into his players.

1 Like

I’d like to see us bring in someone “younger” that loves the program like Gundy but is willing to bust their butt recruiting.

This could be a completely absurd idea, but I’d like to see us bring in Robinson or Weeden (there are others) as a position coach and see what they have. I feel like Zac and Weeden have a high football IQ, would go to the ends of the earth to recruit, and be someone that players not only love to play for but will risk it all for them.

Purely a non-expert opinion, but I would rather see that than go after the “hot shot” hire from a lower program that couldn’t give a s**t about OSU. Would love to hear y’all’s thoughts.

Also, good article Kyle. I truly think you brought up great points and appreciate your content!

Oh I see your point. You’re a do what the government says, we will take care of you. Don’t dare buck the multimillionaires that steal from us and call them out. :joy: Ask the American Indian how that worked for them

1 Like

Obviously you have never watched OANN.

Cant be worse then PBS or CNN or MSNBC or etc…

1 Like

It’s not a staple of mine I try to watch something unbiased and truthful which is hard to find. As @joe15 said as long as Gundy isn’t trying to influence his view on his players, he can watch what he wants. I have my views but I won’t try to influence anyone.

1 Like