When should OSU start looking for a new head coach?

Logan I know from talking to u, u really dnt know x’s and o’s. Ur result based which is fine. U will need to learn u will be upset alot by just basing on results, no matter who the coach is.
2018 was a wild year and could have been alot different. But I understand why.

Um when did we finish 9th in the conference? Might need to check your facts there.

In 2018. OSU, KSU, and Tech went 3-6 in conference play. We lost to both and we lost bad. KSU 31-12 and Tech 41-17. Facts = checked.

1 Like

We tied for 7th in 2018. When u break it down we lost the other 2 ergo 9th. The put us 7th because r overall record

1 Like

Offer a solution to the terrible situation of expecting 8 to 10 win seasons. Who should we hire and how are we going are we going to pay him with our existing athletic department cash flow? Can’t wait to hear a solution :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

If being in the top half of the conference is all we shooting for, we did that back in the 80’s

The highest jj and pat got us to 3rd gundy has surpassed that 5 years ago we were second.
Don’t cone back with that was then because u use stuff older then that to TRY and prove a point
Gundy has a clean title and 2 true seconds with another tied 2nd. No coach in big 8 or 12 have come close. Stanley has the three way but was second.

I’ve tried that one. U dnt want to know. They would either lose or get us probation at best.

And we promptly got put on the second worst probation for the way we did well back then. This time we are doing better and doing so within the rules. Like I said all we lack now is a lot more money. Gundy or no Gundy does not matter, it’s all about the money. In fact Gundy is allowing us to do more with less since he is underpaid based on his production.

1 Like

Sorry I mistakenly looked at the overall records.

1 Like

I’d hire Graham Harrell as head coach. Problem solved.

He hasn’t lit the world on fire yet with his oc work.
He does check off alot of points u want.
It’s hard to tell how good a recruiter He is.

I mean seriously… ur a joke

What did i misspell? Lmao

The athletic put out an article we r 6th over achiever in recruiting. This is something gundy has done consistently since being head man.

It’s worse than I thought if overachieving is 4th in the conference.

U are not on the overachiever list.

U report the same thing over and over. Why dnt u grow up. U act like a lil kid when u repeat ur 2 things u know about osu football.

I’m always amazed by u. U act like gundy has taken osu into the crapper. U point out the lack ou wins and title.
U point out the % of ou has gone down a lil. But never point out that since osu has been in the big 8 12, gundy has increased titles by 100%.
Let’s look just at last year, which u have deem a total cockup. 8 and 3, .73% in football terms is good by any bodies standards.
Let’s see how it is to osu standards. Since it was only 11 games its easier to compare. 1929 we started 11 games. That 14 seasons prior to gundy with 8 wins.
Dnt want to use Gundy’s years, that would be unfair.
So that is 19% of the passed years had 8 wins. Compare that to Gundy’s rate of 69%. Gundy does it 50 % more times.
I know deep on ur mind u think and trust that a new hire can elevate us to where u believe we should be.
A new hirer could do this.
Limiting factors.
No big time coach will come here. It’s a step down.
Pushing out the legendary winningest coach would play a factor in any good coach coming.
That leaves asst. We’ll we all know that is a hit and miss. Ou has hired asst. After 2 of there most winningest coaches and went thur 2 major down turns.
Joey says all coach r better then gundy. If true no one would be losing.
If u come up with something new that’s real then get back with me. I shouldn’t not hear from u

In the history of the Big 12, before Gundy we averaged 4 conference losses. With Gundy, we average 3 conference losses. The biggest jump came when we went from 12 teams to 10 and got to play Kansas every year (a guaranteed win)