When should OSU start looking for a new head coach?

This is the biggest bunch of bullsh!t I’ve seen. Being content with the middle of the conference is crap. If the University is going to compete in a sport, they need to be trying to win the conference or quit and spend the money on a sport that they will try to win. Are we going to be content with 4th in golf or baseball or wrestling?

The little brother syndrome has turned into a pandemic at this University.

You can gripe and whine all you want but the only way we compete with OU and other top programs regularly is to get a LOT more money into the program. All other things you want and complain about will follow after that and pretty much all of them won’t be getting better without more money.

2 Likes

We have to be we got 4th in baseball this year. 5th in basketball and u guys r all giggling like lil gurls.
I would stay out oh the other sports because u not follow them at all.

How many conference titles has Holliday had?
BTW don’t try to tell me about other sports you dumba$$.

I never said stay out of just other sports all osu sports would be best for u.
He has one title. Plus an eight place.
Boynton hasn’t yet to meet ur 4th place.

You’re right Boynton hasn’t. But you know what he has done. He’s got the basketball program going in the right direction. Something that can’t be said for the football team. Football is stagnant at best and on the decline at worst. Gundy 10 years ago was kicking as$ trying to win. Now he’s coasting and doesn’t seem to have a care in the world.

1 Like

1 ok year dnt make a career. Unlike u I do want the best for him.

U like compareing coaches. U like to say gary has a title after gundy. He was 4 and 8 the year before. So in ur eyes he should have been fired. He has only been above 5th place 3 times out of 9. Had losing season 3 times. Had losing season in conference 5 times. It’s ok to spread chit out on the farm but don’t do it here. Gary doesn’t pass ur eye test so dnt push him on us.

You’re right I would have fired Gary or make him hire an OC,like they did Gundy to make him competitive on offense. If Gundy was still running an aggressive offense like in 2010 and 2011, he would have won some Bedlam’s and conference titles.

Gary went 4 and 8. U would have fired him.
I’ve tried to explain those to u guys about the difference of qb’s. It’s kind of like horses. U got a horse that anyone can ride and u got horses that takes a better rider. So weeden could ride more plays quickly.
Sanders needs the old burro offence. Hopefully he can at least ride a pony this year.
Another thing that worked for 2011 was a very low number of injuries. Because we can’t compete in depth with blue bloods keeping all are players staying health is big.
And serious we have a curse with ou.

That curse has a name. Mike Gundy.

Never said it did but he’s got the team heading in the right direction. Gundy does not.

Well in the last 3 years,has been better each year. So I’m think ur just blow smoke. It’s one thing to not like gundy but just out feeding bs is another.

Thats funny chit ar0. Like we really were doing so well against ou. We have almost two decade losing streak and another what 15. I told stop shoveling chit in this yard.
Thats what I love about u 3.u really just let the bs fly.

Remember that word u used yesterday, that I informed u didn’t know what it meant. U being it rite now by say gundy is not going in the rite way. His % has gone up each last 3 years.

He’s still losing games he shouldn’t, hasn’t beat OU since 2014, finishing lower than expected. His recruiting has improved a bit but still isn’t top 25-30 where it needs to be. Just cause his win percentage went up the last couple of years doesn’t mean there is true improvement. He went from an awful year, to a below average year, to an alright but massively underwhelming year when he had a lot of key pieces returning.

Boynton has problems closing games. Cade took over games at the end. So this is what I want to see can he close out games with out cade. And he show us how to take out tcu twice oh no we lost those games. I thought he should have won them.
Don’t bring up guys losing games they should because I can come up with plenty of others that do the same.
Preseason pics aren’t gospel. Like last we were picked 2nd. Then we lost 3 oline before the start. If they knew that it would been a lower pic. Then we lost more.

I’m not saying Boynton is the greatest coach ever. He’s got issues closing games but he’s heading in the right direction. He’s also coached 4 years vs 16. If he can’t get the team where it needs to be he will need to go but for now he has them in the right direction. If he fails to do it get rid of him.

Love how our fans are so entitled now to call a winning season an awful year. Most programs would love to have what we have had during the Gundy.

4 Likes

I’d say a 9th place finish in a conference of 10 is pretty awful.