Who will be the next football head coach?

Wow that would be just the worst possible outcome so now it’s what will happen. Thanks for speaking it into existence, Ryan.

4 Likes

That truly would be the worst outcome. I would honestly rather have Gunnar Gundy be the head coach than Mike Stoops.

2 Likes

Good because he’s next in line

6 Likes

Can you hear the Kyle’s knees knocking ?

#BringDougHome

2 Likes

Because they could root for OU and OSU at the same time? Dream turned into reality. :laughing:

2 Likes

This only makes me feel worse about his record against oSu.

Here’s kind of an out-of-nowhere name:

Joey McGuire from Baylor.

His players universally adore him and really advocated for him to get the job after their HC peaced out to the NFL, he’s a top-75 recruiter (which we haven’t had in years), he’s a helluva coach but isn’t Graham Harrell-level hot (e.g. poached by Penn State in two years after we win the Big 12) so he could stay a while, and there’s whispers he’d be interested in the job as opposed to us just throwing out an offer and praying.

He’d also give us that through-line to Texas that we can always use.

8 Likes

This is a good candidate that not many know about.

I would very much support this. Texas HS coaching legend who’s still very plugged in to Texas high schools, meaning he can freaking recruit, and like you said, his players love him and he almost got the job this year before they hired Aranda. Also it would absolutely kneecap Baylor, which is also great.

2 Likes

Would be a home run hire! The guy is well respected in Texas. He’d get you into the door at least of every Texas HS and a chance at some big time players

2 Likes

But as it is, he’s going to be doing the same for effing Baylor. :angry:

5 Likes

Looks like he would be a good one!

If its not someone who openly emphasises RECRUITING I’m not interested or care …lol

Like Kevin Sumlin? How about Houston Nutt? Maybe Rick Neuheisel?

Recruiting success does not always equal on field success.

3 Likes

Les Miles

:man_facepalming:

2 Likes

No one would disagree with you:
‘recruiting success does not always equal on field success’
However, everyone would agree that: ‘recruiting success is required for championships’
I prefer ‘championships’ over ‘on field success’ :rofl:

3 Likes

Championships require on field success.

3 Likes

Full circle

1 Like