Wisconsin Lands OU QB Transfer, Potentially Putting OSU in Position to land UVA QB Transfer

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/wisconsin-lands-ou-qb-transfer-potentially-putting-osu-in-position-to-land-uva-qb-transfer/

OSU could be in position to land a big name QB transfer.

Plz no. We need to develop Rangel. I’m not impressed this transfer QB. Get the line fixed, a solid run game, and we can win games.

4 Likes

Man, I understand your sentiment. Fix. The. Line. But an extra, experienced QB in the room won’t hurt.

5 Likes

Remember when Jelani Woods left for Virginia???
Turnaround is fair play. What comes around. . . Karma bla bla bla

1 Like

Who cares what uo is doing.

1 Like

Not watching any games next season if uva qb commits

1 Like

Would you want Rangel or our new incoming guy to transfer? This UVA guy for the Sanders haters will probably have way more to cry about. I’ve watched some of his games. I would give Rangel a go over him. There was talks of Rangel leaving if Sanders stayed another season. That’s was a report from his people. Rangel wants to play.

1 Like

Excellent points. You’re right, I don’t want Rangel or incoming Flores to transfer.

1 Like

If he is a little better than Spencer, then we have an improvement. If not, then Rangel gets a shot. Injuries happen so maybe you need more than one QB. This sounds really good to me.

It also reminds me of why I dislike the “portal”. Players have to learn a whole new system and that is chaotic and disruptive to the entire team.

On the other hand, it provides opportunities and and possibly the ability to turn a mediocre team into a great team overnight. Recruiting is a whole new ball game.

1 Like

I can see your point and I and don’t want to see Rangel or Fores leave. However how about this, if Rangle or any of them want to play, to be the starting QB, let them earn it. Good competition makes everyone better. Frankly for me I don’t want anyone who doesn’t want to compete for the job as the starting QB at OSU.

2 Likes

Competition for starting quarterback under Gundy? That’s a hilarious idea.

2 Likes

I’m with you there. Compete to earn your start, if you want the position handed to you then you aren’t going to works as hard. Entitled players never succeed to me

1 Like

No disagreement there

1 Like

I keep looking at the photo of Armstrong during his visit. He didn’t look happy; nor did his family. Doesn’t seem like a fit. Moreso, if it WAS a fit, wouldn’t he have already committed?

I’m good with Rangel, but I’d also love to bring in Brin from Tulsa. Let the best QB from Rangel/Brin/Flores/Gundy earn the job.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with Sanders in my opinion because guys over the last 4 years or so that played behind him nobody could block for any of the QB’s that played. The Bowl games should had been planned the way they did for every game. Notice how the game was planned around him. Poor game planning and adaption as well to opposing defenses. I very much dislike using the vertical pass game to open up the run game. If you watch the games then listen to any of the post game with any of the staff on the offense. When Sanders got recruited Gundy was quoted saying he wanted to go back to the Zac Robinson and Clint style of offense and focus more on defense. Both of those 2 could run the option read and pass off it. We didn’t see that much with Sanders except in critical moments or big games. It was too late in the big 12 championship game. I wish we would had let Sanders Michael Vick it or Vince Young it. Just my own opinion we should had ran the offense through him like Mack Brown gave up and did with Young in his last season. I like Sanders but this offense isn’t for him. May our next QB fair better and have a long nice healthy career.

2 Likes

I agree some what. The biggest issue coming into this year was the line. We had four guys leave the played alot.
We only brought in 3 up class men. Buy the 4th game we only had 1 playing on the team. Only had russ coming up( now he is out). And cole got injured from the get going.

This line was beat up. I dnt think they could block more the straight. I dnt think they were healthy enough to pull or any other blocks.

Rite now we got 8 guys with alot of experience. If none leave. The kid from austin should be ready. I guess were not get washington, because they got the unlv kid. Dis appointed i want an experienced center. Sanders has size maybe he can be the backup center. Still i hope we get 1 more experienced guy. And for god sake stay healthy

2 Likes

If you want solid QB play then here are your top three concerns (or should be):

1. An adequate offensive line
  2. An adequate running game
  3. Some play calling adjustments

The offensive line has been an inconsistent issue for years as we all know. I don’t know how good these two guys coming in will be, but at least it LOOKS like we’re addressing that issue.

The running game was abysmal last season. I liked Dominic but I knew he wasn’t an every down back and he was going to be with an inept offensive line. Gordon and Nixon should’ve gotten a majority of the rushes while Richardson should’ve been used for short yardage situations. Richardson is just not fast or quick enough to gain much positive yardage with the current state of the offensive line. I’m excited about the kid from Western Michigan but I’m not sure how good he will be. A lot of this is going to be predicated on how the offensive line holds up and if we use him to his strengths.

Rangel will be a red shirt freshman next season. Even if this kid from UVA came in it’s only going to be for a season. Rangel will still have plenty of time to solidify himself into a starter at OSU. Also, if this kid from UVA stinks it up Rangel is next in line. Hopefully he’s patient but I don’t know how he really sees things. If those things are fixed then the UVA kid may stand a good chance of having a really good season. If not then expect more of the same from him like this past season. I’ll also point out Dunn doesn’t know how to adjust his offense. He’ll continue doing the same exact thing even when the defense gives him a completely different look. It’s evident in his interviews as well that he’s in over his head. The guy has struggled to even have a top 50 offense.

1 Like

Bring him in and see what happens

A good line translates to a good running game Ollie and the kid from Michigan should bolster the running game. A good OL solves the running game. We have good receivers. I still say their will be a shakeup in the coaching ranks

2 Likes

A good coach solves all problems but neither one will happen in stillwater next year.

2 Likes