With Martin Returning, Who Else Has Eligibility?

I’ve been thinking the same thing. We have so many experienced DEs that we can’t play them all. And it seems like we just keep signing more, which is great but if you can only get snaps for 4 of them, what do you do?

Collin Oliver was listed as an LB out of high school, is that a possibility? His size and speed is right for it and we have 2 openings. Of course he led the team in sacks as a DE so I just don’t know.

I name something we haven’t accomplished in a long time, and you think that’s back handed? I’m just saying it means this season was more special than some of the previous ones. You can’t argue that.

Ford is a stud. Hopefully the ACL heals right and he’s good to go.

3 Likes

What about Daniels blocking up and moving from safety. I know he decommited from a&m because he didn’t want to play lb.
U move Oliver and him to lb, be very athletic. Use Oliver as the blitz and Daniels cover those big te.

1 Like

He’s not the worst thing to ever happen to OSU, but the track record of not meeting conference projections still remains. If you’re just happy with a bowl game and finishing 7-6 or possibly 9-4 or 10-3 with 3rd place conference finishes being the standard for a great season then that’s cool for you I guess.

I just think after 10 years or so we should be making larger steps towards being that program that can consistently finish in the top 25 and on years we have senior laden teams probably the Top 10. That all goes with recruiting, development, and coaching. I’m seeing it mostly on the defensive side of the ball the past couple of years. You would literally have to be blind not to see it.

Now maybe once we do start getting top 25 classes in recruiting we can make that happen. Sanders is on his 4th year on Campus and he’s just now developing and learning to make better decisions in the QB role. His development has been slower than normal.

I’ll admit Gundy so far is having a great year. I’m just simply pointing out that it’s the second one out of ten. Baylor on the other hand has two conference titles since 2013 and this is they’re second time to play for a conference title in the championship game.That’s a team that’s had to be rebuilt twice as well.

1 Like

If it isn’t broke then don’t fix it.

The thing is ur blind. U only se the 7 and 6 years.
He average 9 wins.
We can go back farther but from 2010.
2 top record 2011 and 2021
Tied with conf best record 2010
3 2nd best record
4 year 3rd or tied for third.
2 years at 7 and 6.
In the last 12 years I would not trade for Baylor, tcu, texas or ksu.
All he has done is win since his second season and competed.
U my friend, I use that loosely, are blind.
U talk about players hating gundy. Malcolm was front and center giving gundy his cake.

We will need are best talent playing linebacker with losing these 2

1 Like

Did you not read anything I posted?

Of course not, because you just read the first couple of sentences, skim through it, and that’s why you never get it.

We’ve had one team in Gundy’s tenure finish in the top 10. We haven’t had a top 10 finish in ten years, and we’ve had three senior laden teams in that time frame.

2012, 2014, 2018, 2019 no Top 25 finishes

2013, 2017, 2020 no Top 10 finishes

I’m pointing out we need to become and establish that program that can finish in the top 25 every year and probably top 10 every 3-4 years. Luckily, since OU is leaving we might be able to make that happen.

With these new teams coming into the conference now is the time to solidify OSU football as the top dog in the new Big 12. The question is…….are we going to do it?

1 Like

True. I’m ready to see Nick Martin in there anyway. I think he’s going to be a really good LB.

1 Like

Ollie Gordon about to decommit and go to Texas.

He got an offer just like 4 other running backs because Alabama stole their rb.

1 Like

Why blast it on twitter if you aren’t gonna go? Doesn’t sound committed to me

He’d have to be a moron to go to Texass.

1 Like

Because he is a nice guy. If he thinks it’s great so be it. He was just recruited by the tight end coach not sure how serious they r.

Cody nagel already has an article with an interview with Ollie after Texas offered . I think he’s pretty committed for now

1 Like

Committed to which team.

Oklahoma state

1 Like

And I’m sorry it was marshal levenson not Cody nagel