Would You Rather: Auburn or Oklahoma State?

The comments have the date beside them.
Jan 21, Aug 21, Sep 21
I could find many more if I wanted, but 95% of the people in the comment section already know you beg for Gundy to be fired all the time. Your replacement options were major downgrades. You could display some humility and say you were wrong about Gundy, but instead you double down and try to defend a foolish argument.

I can’t imagine what you will be like if OSU loses 4 or 5 games next season.

2 Likes

Do you think we should lose 4-5 games next season?

I agree loyal and true is to the program and school. You would be hard pressed to find someone more committed to Oklahoma State University and OSU football than coach Gundy. Gundy has character and drive for success. Has he made some mistakes, sure he has, but I’ll ask you who would you rather have as the head coach? This should be fun :roll_eyes:. I don’t see the flirting with Tennessee as a big deal. It’s called leverage, he had it and he used it. He got a better contract out of the deal. The bottom line is he’s been head coach for 17 years. There are only 2 active D1 coaches who are longer tenured, and 1 of those is only longer by 1 month. Gundy has over 30 years of being involved with Oklahoma State football. That’s basically all of his adult life. He’s been a student, player, position coach, offensive coordinator, and head coach. If that isn’t loyal and true I don’t know what is.

2 Likes

Do you think Gundy should be fired?

As a player and head coach he has 3 Bedlam wins in 21 seasons. Is there a coach with a worse record against their rival with at least 15 seasons? I doubt it because no one would keep them 15 seasons except OSU.

1 Like

I think 9-3 or 8-4 is the most likely regular season record for next season.

1 Like

His record as a head coach is right in line with the record of the history of the series. Barry Sanders never beat OU as a player so is he a bum too? Gundy put a pass on a guy’s hands to win, so is that Gundy’s fault?

2 Likes

I don’t just blame Gundy, I blame Holder for not finding someone better.

You play Holder for a minute, name your new Oklahoma State head coach.

1 Like

Todd Monken. Graham Harrell without digging.

And???

Who cares if the conference is better if you can barely cross .500?

1 Like

If Graham Harrell is anything like Kliff Kingsbury that would be a horrendous hire. Todd Monken might be a decent hire, but then you have the same old issue, if he has some success he’s gone and with the transfer portal stability seems to be more important than ever.

2 Likes

If that were the case, we would have the 3rd best record in the portal.

I would imagine there’s a correlation. I don’t think it’s an exact science. I don’t think because a coach has been here the 3rd longest in D1 he’s going to do the 3rd best in the portal. We finish in the 30’s in recruiting but 7th best in the nation.
Correlation not exact science. I’m also talking more about key players leaving not who you can get in the portal. Riley leaves at OU and they lose 2 starting quarterbacks.

1 Like

Yet they’re ranked number 1 in the transfer rankings, right ahead of Georgia.

The transfer portal has taken much more than it’s given from OSU this offseason. The Cowboys have signed a trio of junior college transfers, but they haven’t signed a Division-I transfer. Meanwhile, eight former Cowboys have already entered the portal and found a new home. According to 247Sports, there are still four Cowboys who entered the portal but don’t yet have a destination.

1 Like

Flirting with Tennessee (not once, but twice) isn’t necessarily called leverage. It’s called being selfish. Now, I can understand after a 12-1 season being the conference and Fiesta bowl champion where it’s warranted to get a pay raise. That’s what any normal person would do. Because during that point of time Gundy’s trajectory had significantly gone up.

What isn’t warranted is being stagnant from 2012-2017 and expecting the AD to give you a big boost in pay. And for what exactly? Another chance for an Alamo bowl victory? From 2012-2017 there were no NY6 bowl wins, no conference titles, one lucky bedlam victory, A55 kickings from Baylor, more bedlam A55 kickings, and a 7-6 season directly after Gundy got his pay raise.

In 2017 when politicking for his pay raise he suffered three home losses (one of them being embarrassed by K State) and finished 3rd in the conference. I already know what the excuse is going to be “Well we won 55 games from 2012-2017!!!”. Fine then!! Now show me where the conference, bedlam, and NY6 trophies are from that time period?

Do the transfer portal rankings take into account what you lose to the portal or just what you gain?

2 Likes

I thought it did but I finally found the formula and it doesn’t. Also OU has dropped to 4, USC is number 1.

It seems hard to rank a class anymore with portal incoming and outgoing players, juco transfers, and traditional high school recruiting. I think we got a pretty good class. I would like to see us get more help along the offensive line. Hopefully that #1 Juco OT will help. We need depth at that position also. OU probably did good in the portal incoming out of necessity because they lost so many key players outgoing to the portal. Next season will be interesting.

It’s obvious to everyone here except Jug and Joey that when we hired Miles we had come off probably the worst 50 years of consistent football of anyone. We had been at the depth of of the lowest. Miles had a couple of winning seasons, beat the goons twice. Gundy has kept our program from hitting bottom again and raised our profile. Can anyone tell me of any others that have been at the bottom for so long and become a top 15 program? They may have a couple of good years then back to the bottom when the coach is fired or hired somewhere else. Gundy won’t be here much longer, you better hope we hire someone that is equal or better when he leaves.
And Joey Change. Org. Is a liberal organization

1 Like