Xavier Benson, Ollie Gordon Share Optimistic Messages on Social Media Amid Transfer Chaos

Still haven’t answered the original question. If you’re too scared just say so and don’t be a biotch. Thanks for going off on another useless rant that has nothing to do with the subject.

No, you heard him right the first time:-)

1 Like

This is quite the rant. Like you I do agree with the original post by @jon2. Gundy and/or the administration owes the fans something from a communications standpoint. They don’t need to tell us all their secret plans for fixing things just an acknowledgement that they have a problem and are working on it. As for this whole Gundy telling SS no, well that’s all rumor and innuendo. Nobody on the outside knows what is really going on. Gundy may have said NO and may have some very valid reasons for doing it or he may not. None of us knows for sure so lets not act like the narrative that we desire is true.

1 Like

Notice I never said it was a fact. I’m just saying if it comes to light this is true then yes we are owed an explanation. Can’t really think of a valid reason to tell your starting veteran QB no when he’s done nothing but pretty much do everything you’ve asked him to do without any real complaints :man_shrugging:.

Yea but we don’t even know if this is true. I’ll have to say there was something weird going on toward the end of the season. Gundy’s comments about SS injury were weird, SS jumping into the ISU game was weird, SS performance in Bedlam showed that he wasn’t prepared and grant you neither were the coaches. This is just my perspective, could be wrong but the whole latter part of the season was just dysfunctional as Hel*l and for the level of dysfunction that I saw a lot of people had to have had a part in it, players and coaches. What I do know is that I will probably never know the truth so all I can do is look forward, All that I want to hear is how they are going to fix this S%^T show.

2 Likes

There ain’t a reason that makes a lick of sense when the next guy up is Rangel. He needs another year to cook before we trot him out there as the starter.

1 Like

Agree with you there. This whole lack of getting vet QB perplexes me. Unless of course the plan is to implement a 90% run game next year. In that case all Garrett will need to do is hand the ball off. I think he, or any of our QB’s, can do that ok. Will we win games doing that? Don’t think so.

1 Like

You have to have an offensive line to do that. Probably one with a couple of NFL draft caliber players on it too. Let’s not kid ourselves here. The offensive line doesn’t seem to be a big priority.

1 Like

Rant ? You did see that thesis you wrote above or did you get writers cramp … same ole joy doing his Einstein imitation. Trying to be the armchair qb of the day. No one really believes you , dang sure don’t trust you squelcher

1 Like

'Good look’s are not our HCMG’s forte. He wore that effing mullet for years!!!

Sonny Dykes just raised the bar, like it or not in the coaching circles. Not unlike Bob Stoops when he first went to OU, but Coach Dykes did it at a non-blue blood program. We were head and shoulders above TCU as a program just 2 years ago. We got most of the players when recruited by both… and now those players have to be thinking that they had the chance to ‘hitch their wagons to a star’ and missed it. It is time for wholesale changes to be made. If they can’t be made between the ears of coaches, then a different coach needs to be under the headset at all levels. Sonny Dykes is to blame… but here we are. GO POKES!! :cowboy_hat_face: :football: :cowboy_hat_face: :football: :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

If you were a veteran qb with some talent, feeling out of place where you are and not NFL caliber… would you want to come to Stillwater??? Just saying… and I am not referring to the topography, but to the state of the program. :thinking:

I am just hoping that the Flores kid sticks around, develops and we can be competitive with him by improving oline and defensively over the next few seasons. Yeah… back to wanting to just be competitive every 3 years it would seem.

GO POKE-ETTES!! :cowboy_hat_face: :softball: :cowboy_hat_face: :softball: :cowboy_hat_face:

I’m guessing that in this situation I would be in a position to get much of the real story, at least their side of it, from coaches, players, etc. From that I might be happy to join, or not, cowboy nation depending on what info I’ve been able to uncover.

Quite the achievement I must say and no one can take that away from Coach Dykes. However, having said this before, I’m personally withholding “Saban” level status regarding Coach Dykes for a couple of seasons just to be sure the hype is real and not some one off perfect storm flash in the pan situation.

3 Likes

I agree that Coach Dykes, once fired at Cal, is far from ‘Saban’ status, but that was not what I am saying. I am saying that Dykes has shown what the possibilities are at a power 5 program that doesn’t simply accept the assumed limitations that they are under in regards to recruiting and boosters and ‘depth’, which we have heard all too often.

Coach Dykes spent this season unafraid of getting beat, but coached to win with a Leach-esque approach that no team is unbeatable for his team, no lead is insurmountable. Then… it worked, as it easily could not have, but the approach itself is what made it possible, even if improbable. Coach Dykes, in short, brought his own ‘balls’ ( :football: :football:) to every game!!!

If he can sustain the success has yet to be seen, of course. If he and TCU are a flash in the pan due to a perfect storm, then he at least chose to be his own ‘weatherman’ and has made one helluva flash!!

1 Like

Did you hear @rmt sonny dykes is good look. I guess if your into old fat guys.
Sonny will have its easier then most of the teams.
Go look at things that happened for the perfect storm.

Morris got hurt. Max finally developed. Go look at games played. They didnt have injuries. 2 missed games from their top 8 recievers, 2 rb and max. Thats the theme for most of the team. 3 games they really should have lost.
In the playoff the defense 1st quarter won that game in a weird way.
Im not taking it away from sonny. But guy has a wac title they went 8 and 5. He has 1 10 win season.

1 Like

And you’re trying to be the armchair coach of the board. You make more excuses in one post than Gundy does at an entire presser after getting his butt kicked. There isn’t a single person with common sense on this board that thinks a program will be just fine losing half its starters and role players to the portal without replacing them with matching talent. Get over yourself for once.

Right, and he’s doing that at just the right time. Being in OSU’s position now is a very crucial time. It’s a time that you want to avoid a decline in program prestige. Why? Because you’re about to be in a new conference with no blue bloods and a future 12 team playoff. The future of college football is set up perfectly for a program like OSU to take advantage of it and build its tradition and prestige with all this coming in the future. That’s not going to happen though if you continue to let other non-blue blood programs in your own conference continue to exceed what you do or match it. You want to have a national logo too? Then stop fighting with the media and telling everyone to piss off.

Figure out how to deal with NIL and the portal. Figure out better recruitment methods. The path for OSU to establish a national logo in the future is actually going to become easier. That only happens though if Gundy becomes serious about it. You can’t do that though if you just allow all your production players to leave the program. Not saying you should bend to the will of every player that decides to leave and convince them to stay. Just saying not talking to them at all and just letting them leave doesn’t seem to be a very wise method in retaining and sustaining your football program. Just because you don’t like something doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do it.

1 Like

Might have something to do with avoiding playing not to lose.

1 Like

When did I say we would be fine ?? Show it to me joy cause you’ll never find it. You are a straight troll, making up lies to fit your narrative
Remember I told you to go to Gundys football 101 come next fall with all the ladi

1 Like

Here you are again writing a thesis about a bunch of blah blah…… go donate a couple of million and see how many recruits you can buy. No one knows how much TCU has put out for recruits, they are a private school along with Baylor
TCU brought in 19 portal guys last year. Must have told some to take a hike, we have never had that many openings

1 Like