10 Thoughts on Oklahoma State's 23-0 Victory against Texas Tech

They’ll put Notre Dame or Cincinnati ahead of us if none of those teams lose. Even if Bama and Michigan both suffer their 2nd loss we’ll be 5th when the CFP rankings come out.

I don’t think ND can pull it off if we win out. Them playing 1 less game hurts. I’m hoping for a Georgia Michigan Cincy OSU CFP.

I will listen to the opinions of the CFP experts over yours. They say if Oklahoma State wins out we have a 98% chance to make the CFP. If we beat OU and win a conference title we are in over Notre Dame because of the extra data point. The committee will not put Cincinnati and Notre Dame (both, at least one gets eliminated) in over a 12-1 conference champion Oklahoma State. Cincinnati has a legitimate shot to get beat by Houston. If that happens their done. If Alabama loses to Georgia, it looks like the committee would favor a 1 loss conference champion over a 2 loss non conference champion. Michigan or Ohio State will be eliminated after this weekend. Just like OU or OSU will be eliminated after this weekend. Didn’t you also say OU wasn’t that good and they would lose their last 3 games? I told you there was about a 2% chance of that happening. Here we are, Joe providing hot takes that don’t materialize. Honestly, I think you would rather OSU lose just so you can biotch.

1 Like

We aren’t named OU. Of course they can pull it off.

They’ll compare ND and OSU and it will be something to the tune of “ND lost to a better opponent” and that will be that. We’ll see the 2011 snub all over again.

No. That was Robert and Michael. The PFB college football experts.

Oops. That was Robert who said that. :joy:

I still disagree on your Notre Dame take. If both schools win out Oklahoma State will be above Notre Dame. Just one more reason they should join a conference. 98% Joe… not too many scenarios if we win out the “experts” see Oklahoma State getting left out.

I ■■■■ sure care.

I watched Gooch play 12-and-under 9-hole tournaments. I watched him check a chip shot on the greens at Brent Bruehl Golf Course in Purcell.

At the time, I thought “Whoa…that ain’t normal.”

Congrats to Gooch!

3 Likes

Sure I said ou would lose 3. More as to bug Joey.
Cincy still has Houston to play.
But, if it’s down to 5 schools, they would really have to snub us.
Notre dame has 1 top 25 win. We will have 1 top 25 win with 2 top 10 wins. Plus beat 2 other teams who were top25 win we won. One is Texas but ksu had won they would be a top 25 team.

The whole reason for the big 12 title game was for the 13 point. So this would big a major snub bigger then 2011. Actually we should be 3rd.

More fun facts. We the big12 dnt have alot of quality wins. Baylor beat byu we beat Baylor twice.
Cincy will have 2 big wins, Houston and nd. Combined Houston and nd have 1 top 25 win.

1 Like

I also found this little gem on our offense earlier.

1 Like

Yea Joey is going on about our offense. I was going to bring up this stats too.
Every body thinks ou is so great. They have been held in check in the Baylor game and the west Virginia game.
I really think if we score in the middle 20’s we will win.

1 Like

Doesn’t bug me at all. Just points out you were wrong.

Sure Joey just like how close u predicted how good we r.

1 Like

So how inflated are the numbers with the Kansas and TCU games?

Don’t know don’t care , everyone else has played those teams as well :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

In fact I’m pretty sure Caleb Williams had to play the whole game against Kansas :thinking:

2 Likes

Thats why there big 12 games. Ou and osu have played the same exact teams.

1 Like

Against teams not named Kansas and TCU we average 25 ppg (227 total points). If you add the Kansas and TCU games (maybe the two worst teams in the conference) we average 31 ppg (grand total of 345 points this season). That literally means around 32% of our points scored this season were against Kansas and TCU.

I haven’t even factored in how many times the defense has scored for us or Brown’s kick return for a touchdown. If I were to do that I’m sure it would be a little bit lower. So yeah your little gem might be a little inflated due to the fact that several times this year we’ve either busted on offense or settled for field goals.

Total yards don’t really account for anything if you can’t score, and we would be lying to ourselves if it weren’t for the defense helping us out on scoring offense.

Again anything to fit your narrative. This is on conference games only. LD hasn’t returned any kicks in conference. Again last 4 games outscored teams 165-23. Name another team in conference that’s done that while playing the same dam 4 teams :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

I’m also trying to figure out why your so worried about this offense when we hold teams to 14.9 ppg?

2 Likes