2021 Football Season Thread

¿Que?

He must not know.

5 Likes

NIL is going to make the challenge of contending for national championships even more difficult. WAY more difficult.

9 Likes

Clemson and Auburn both did it. Clemson isn’t on Alabama or Ohio State or OU’s level of blue-blood dominance historically, but they are what I call “new money”. They struck gold w/ Dabo (love him or hate him). Auburn has been to the mountaintop once w/ Cam Newton. With a MUCH better record vs Bama who is inarguably more dominant than OU. I know some can’t stand to take the risk because they have much more to lose than me, but I just can’t stand the thought of NOT taking it. Im willing to risk a portion of what little I have. I’d be thrilled to write a small check towards the buyout if it restores some semblance of Hope in the trajectory of the program.

What’d I do now?

@travis5266, did you ever see this data-based analysis of program success over time for a description of how rare Clemson’s rise has been?

2 Likes

It’s a Gulf of Mex oil spill joke

6 Likes

Odds are very low we ever win a title in football. Astronomically low.

But we are a basketball school.

4 Likes

Kansas is a basketball school. We are an athletics school.

13 Likes

I listed Clemson as one of the 4. Auburn is 11th nationally in total revenue. Oklahoma state in comparison is 45th. Not a great comparison. Now look at teams between 25-50 in total revenue and name one single school in that entire list that has done more than OSU. Oregon is about the only one that can say they have. I’d argue no one else in that range has come close to OSU over the past 15ish years. OSU isn’t close to the top in terms of success annually, but I’d argue there aren’t many schools in the country that have done more with what they have available than the pokes.

Actually, I would love to see someone compare the total revenue list to total wins list over the past 13 years and see if anyone in the nation has a larger jump between the two than OSU. I bet they are top 5 easily, maybe top 3.

1 Like

Pretty much sums it up.

1 Like

Never seen it. I’d be glad to read it though. Even if it completely devalues my statements. :joy:

What’s the vibe for tomorrow?

• Oklahoma State Wins
  • Oklahoma State Embarrasses Boise State
  • Oklahoma State Loses
  • Oklahoma State Gets Embarrassed

0 voters

But @travis5266 is going to write a check. So we may move up the list.

3 Likes

:joy:

I mean the bottom line here is… Gundy “underperforms” for what, two-three years or so? So we fire him as a stepping stone school. We fire the winningest coach in the history of the school for just a couple down years…

Nobody but @travis5266 himself is going to take that job. Let alone any worth a ■■■■ coaching.

Not a big enough check. Not near big enough. But even a small amount would show that I’m willing to do more than simply pass my time on my days off just by rambling on here b#tching about Gundy. Cause I even burn myself out on it at times. Switching gears, I’d love to see the run game break wide open tomorrow. Thus getting Spencer rolling with the passing game. We need to see this offense click at least once before Big 12 play starts. I say the Pokes surprise us. The final is 38-24 Pokes over Boise State. I’m probably wrong just thought I’d inject some good vibes in here.

OSU was 12th for wins the 2010s. Our 2018 revenue was 36th and our program value was 30th. Clemson is the only one in our ballpark that had more wins.

They are so impressive and such an outlier. They were 2nd in wins, 27th in revenue and 26th in value.

1 Like

Peel

1 Like

I’d break it out maybe 2 or 3 times a season depending on the opponent or situation. Say we’re in Manhattan. Up a touchdown on Kansas State. Defense just got us the ball back. 2 minutes before half. On our own 35 or 40. Give it a shot on first down. If it goes to the house, we’re up two scores at half w/ great momentum. Not to mention, if it goes south we’re still in decent shape. Slight risk/huge reward.