A Look Back On Hot Takes From The Season: Ketchupsicle Edition!

“Some of the better defensive teams are coming up on the schedule and they’ll have more and more film on Williams and his tendencies” If more film is the issue……they’ll have much less film on Williams than they would of Rattler. So by your theory of the less film the better…….then Williams is a better option.

“If he’s super talented, then he might pull off some great wins, but he’s going to make mistakes” Well he is definitely “super talented”. There’s no doubt about that. They all make mistakes. Mistakes at the QB position happen.

“ Yeah, the change won them this game , but probably at the cost of others this season”
Ok, this is ignorant. So a HC pulls his starter & inserts the backup……who won the game. How is that a negative? How is him making that decision somehow going to be detrimental to them the rest of the year? Would Riley & OU be better off long term if he stuck with Rattler & they lost? That’s idiotic

“You can’t go back to Rattler now (he’ll probably be in the portal tomorrow), so let’s say Williams starts getting exposed (Texas’s D isn’t that good and they had no film on him). You’re stuck with the young guy for the year.” First off, OU won’t feel “stuck” with Caleb Williams. You talk as though he’s just some random backup who just happened to catch fire. There is also a chance that he plays really well……which is opposite of the scenario that you laid out. The Big 12 isn’t loaded with defensive juggernauts. I think the most likely scenario is that OU does lose a game, wins the Conf, gets in the playoff and gets drilled again. That’s much more likely than all of a sudden Lincoln Riley starts losing 2/3 more games games in the Big 12 because of bad QB play. If OU starts to fall off a cliff later this season, I highly doubt it’s because of Caleb Williams

Caleb Williams’s stat line today… 10 for 19, 146 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs

Man, we don’t have any defensive juggernauts? Then I guess Williams sucks. I guess he’s an unproven freshman.

1 Like

I did love it. This has put pressure on us tho. We got to stay focused and win

1 Like

I think OU will lose out and we play Baylor in the title game.

1 Like

Man I really wanted to the chance to beat ou twice

2 Likes

Might still happen, but OU is QB carouselsing now.

1 Like

Tech will be pumped just like TCU was tonight. We need to take them out early, not let them stay in. Wear them down like we have everyone else but the Cyclones

2 Likes

Oklahoma State’s defense, not “real good”.

1 Like

It’s funny in waco they were calling for rattler. We need to do that too.

1 Like

Well, youre leaving out the context in which I said that, which is important. I never said OSU’s defense was not real good. What I said was “OSU’s may be the best in the Conf, but I still don’t think that’s real good either”. If you wanna come after me about saying OSU MAY be the best D in the Conf instead of saying they ARE the best in the Conf, then i wont argue you. OSU is undoubtedly the best D in the Conf. I dont think theyve played an offense thats any good due to this Conf being very, very average at the QB position. So the OSU defense is dominating this league…but this league is not very good offensively.

1 Like

@jake4 Dude…I dont see anything that I said that was wrong? I clearly said that OU will lose a game. OU doesnt feel “stuck” with Caleb Williams. The Big 12 is not “loaded with defensive juggernauts”. OSU is a really good defense. Baylor was good Sat. The week before they got lit against TCU. So who knows how good Baylor defensively is. If OU loses the next two, I have no idea who will likely be at fault. As an OU fan, the Baylor loss was on a trio of things and Caleb Williams was absolutely one of them. I still dont have any idea what your point is about him/Rattler…??

I have stated this too. The big 12 right now doesn’t have a quality quarterback. I do have one point tho. The league I think has the strongest dlines in maybe forever.
Atleast last 15 years. They may not be sec type but getting there

I have heard some talk on the Baylor late kick. But with a possible 3 way tie Baylor needs points. If ou loses to isu. Osu can lose and both Baylor and osu could move on. I’m sure it felt great but they needed the points.

1 Like

Agree that its the best up front that its been in a while. The SEC fronts though put out guys that are littered throughout the draft in all rounds. Its pretty good up front, but the SEC DLine guys are elite type guys.

The Baylor kick…yeah a 3-way tie comes down to point differential at some point. I honestly dont have a problem with Aranda kicking it. I have an issue with how the officials chose to handle it and ive already said that Lincolns comments after were soft as hell

1 Like

And OU is not going to QB carousel. Williams is the guy. Rattler will only play if Williams is hurt, its a blowout or some type of special package. But there will be no rotation, splitting snaps or QB carousel

OK, so why did Rattler come in? AND what would have happened if he had rallied the offense?

1 Like

"Why did Rattler come in?" Riley said in the postgame that it was due to Williams hand swelling up and that he had trouble gripping the ball. Now, I dont believe that. I think the move was made for the same reason that Riley has made the move in the past…to spark the offense due to the QB playing poorly. He pulled Rattler last year in the Cotton Bowl. He did it again this year in the Cotton Bowl. I think he did it Sat because Williams was terrible.

"What would have happened if he had rallied the offense?" Rattler wouldve finished the game with Williams being on the bench. Williams wouldve been the starter (if healthy) going into the Iowa St game. No carouseling or rotation.

I think ou has a oline problem. Either qb will have to make plays in the next 2 games.
Isu I dnt think will bring as much pressure as Baylor. But
We will bring more.
Riley will have to start using more misdirected plays.

You hit the nail on the head. The OLine is bad. I blame that on Riley and his approach this year. This offense in the past has been one that was physical up front. We could beat people up in the ground game. This year? Nope. Its been soft all year. Teams have largely been dropping into coverage and daring OU to run it and Lincoln hasnt stuck with it. The mentality this year is very soft from the top to the bottom. He has earned the reputation throughout the football world as an offensive genius, and rightfully so in my opinion. But this year has been very, very bad.

1 Like

Baylor got after us up front. They brought more pressure than most have this year and Williams couldnt make em hurt when they did

Yea Williams found out not all front 4 are equally.
Texas and tech just dnt have a good front.
Isu won’t be that bad for u guys unless they get some guys back.
Riley hasn’t made any improvements on the line. We had sill out and will still run behind the back up.
We will blitz but are front 4 will seem like a blitz not bragging.

I agree. I said it the day that I watched the OSU-Iowa St game…OU pillowfights while OSU and Iowa St street fight.

1 Like